· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default What kind of pleco / what is he doing?

0 Not allowed!
    Coming home from work I noticed something kind of interesting today. I've done some adjustment and removal of fish / plants, but this was the first time that I saw my relatively new pleco sitting ON the airstone:

Has anyone seen this before? Is this an indication that he's not getting enough air in the water, or simply that he likes to float around in bubbles? He eats plenty, and currently he is sharing the entire 29G with just a couple of Amano shrimp.

Also, is there any way to identify what kind of Pleco he is? I know that there are many types. Here is a better picture of him, and I've tried to see if I can narrow it down but no luck:

Thanks everyone!
    -Chris

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    it should be fine and it looks like an avocado pleco
    "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hello,
    Hmm, not sure what kind of pleco, but it should be just fine. It is possible that it likes the bubbles under him/her :)

Awards Showcase

After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish 
    Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa Merry Christmas - KingFisher 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 
    Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Happy Birthday. - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    looks like my bristlenose.

0 Not allowed!
    Looks exactly like my bristlenose, too :)

0 Not allowed!
    Probably finds some tasty algae on the bubbler. My wall gets green algae on it all the time... My apple snail eats till shell fills up, then flys up and lands in the front of the tank.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, thanks everyone. I'm just trying to do some more specific research on him, as I've had him for a couple months now and he isn't growing very fast. Not sure if I'm not feeding him enough or if he just doesn't like something else going on in the tank.

Awards Showcase

After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish 
    Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa Merry Christmas - KingFisher 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 
    Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Happy Birthday. - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    many species of pleco grow very very slow. I wouldn't worry about him not growing much just yet...

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    looks almost like my rubber-nose. Hes sucking on everything, getting dirt off.
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything