· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Johns 29 gallon

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because you needed a comfort fish... :-) Cheer up. Things will get better soon. - lotus flower   For your studies :D - CassieLEO   Have a bunny!  Be cautious if you get another  ;-) - 850R   850R said you need another bunny. - gadget228   Awww.. Your bunnies are now parents :-) - 850R   
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Fisharefriends27   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fisharefriends27   

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks. The plant in that corner is called moneywort Or bacopa monnieri
    Hopefully it will end up growing good, currently it does look good. I enjoy the layout how it generally is,it needs some growing in, and just gotta fight off that algae

Yesterday I was working on the tank alot and will continue this week seen that I have no school this week. Btw good luck with your tanks.
    120 gallon29 gallon
    5.5 and 2.5 gallon
    The harley man......no not the motorcycle, harlequin rasboras
    Angie R.I.P. 10/29/11

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because you needed a comfort fish... :-) Cheer up. Things will get better soon. - lotus flower   For your studies :D - CassieLEO   Have a bunny!  Be cautious if you get another  ;-) - 850R   850R said you need another bunny. - gadget228   Awww.. Your bunnies are now parents :-) - 850R   
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Fisharefriends27   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fisharefriends27   

Default Update

0 Not allowed!
    So I have been having problems with algae still and moneywort doesn't grow, and the swords don't grow. But the watersprite has grown and I can almost say I have a carpet of dwarf sags even though it's covered in algae.

I gave up on one forum and tried another for help.

The problem is too high of light. Too fix it I need co2 or need to lower the lighting.

Anyway update

120 gallon29 gallon
    5.5 and 2.5 gallon
    Angie R.I.P. 10/29/11

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Cliff   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Merry Christmas - KingFisher   Happy New Year - mommy1   Thanks! - pRED   

0 Not allowed!
    Looks pretty good I like the driftwood you have there.
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks.

(10 character limit. Oops )
    120 gallon29 gallon
    5.5 and 2.5 gallon
    Angie R.I.P. 10/29/11

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Cliff   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Merry Christmas - KingFisher   Happy New Year - mommy1   Thanks! - pRED   

0 Not allowed!
    I havent read all your journal, and seeing as it's onto double digit pages I dont have the time to surf through it unfortunately, so just gona ask it here what you hoping to stock it with?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    It changed a bit when I last posted it but it's
    Harlequin rasboras
    Dwarf gourami(probably not)
    Some cories, probably not because I will most likely have them in the 120 gallon.

So harlequin rasboras, are the only guarantee.
    120 gallon29 gallon
    5.5 and 2.5 gallon
    Angie R.I.P. 10/29/11

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds nice

Since your tank is so well planted have you thought about khuli loaches as bottom dwellers? In your 29g i reckon you could keep 6-10 of the little guys. All your shade from the plants would mean you would see them very regularly.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thumbs down Unfortunately again

0 Not allowed!
    A couple of days ago I redid the tank. It didn't look nearly as good, but what ever, it could grow in.

No that's not the unfortunate part.

I went to check on the tank the next morning or so and ................it was fine.
    The next day I went to the tank do to my normal fert dosing and possibly plant trimming........alot of the water sprite was dead, and everything else looked terrible. I couldn't do anything about it, because I had to go to school. When I came home, rushed to the tank to clip the dead things and removed rocks that I found that I put in the tank. Didn't clean them good enough and didnt test them enough. By next Friday I wouldn't be suprised if every last plant besides possibly the anubias. Any plant that's still alive doesn't look amazingly well(besides anubias) and some are dead that I haven't got to removing them yet because there's just so much.

In other words it is an almost crash. If it had fish they would probably be dead, so it could be arguably considered a complete crash.This is the 2nd time this tank has crashed. The first was worse but I wish I never got the rocks.

This tank is going toward a medium low light tannin filled south American style lightly planted, Indian almond leave/dried oak leave set up with a clown pleco, panda cories, angelfish/or another centerpiece personality fish, if it isn't an angel then a school of some sort of tetras or harlequins(even though they are not south American)
    Something always goes bad when things start going better
    120 gallon29 gallon
    5.5 and 2.5 gallon
    Angie R.I.P. 10/29/11

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

> - korith   Someone who treats clowns with respect deserves one. - talldutchie   Good luck with your FF teams this season! - Slaphppy7   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear about your problems. I am not really that familiar with high light plants but hopefully you can figure it out.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415