· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish book?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Fish book?

0 Not allowed!
    Hey guys I'm looking to get a book about freshwater fish, there requirements, and other stuff. I want it to be about many species from varies areas.
    Thanks
    55 Gallon Community
    40 Breeder Peacock cichlid Grow Out
    10 gallon empty
    5 gallon Guppy Tank
    2.5 gallon cylinder Crayfish tank
    1 gallon empty

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

0 Not allowed!
    More than that, the information in it needs to be reliable ...

Would your local library have something?

-- mermaid
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1   and gift - mommy1   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff   Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199   

0 Not allowed!
    For starters have you copied down the free e-book form this site?

Here is the link;
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...splay.php?f=78

Most books on the market are geared to specific species but there are a few general aquarium freshwater books. I would do as mermaidwannabe said and check the local library. Than if you find one you like or narrow your preference down you could check one of the large book stores.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to the holidays! - Slaphppy7   Happy holidays! - rebecca_finny   Merry Christmas (Santa Loves Pie) ;-) - Taurus   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Good to see you here again... - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Dr Axelrod's Atlas is my favorite book by far on fish. It lists their compatabilities, needs and has a pictoral refrence for every fish included.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

u needed one, and we don't have a goby gift, so I give you an imitation lobster - lobsternoob   For your new tank, Cangrats man - Cliff   for putting up with my rants - Cliff   Sorry about your turtle. - cer   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidyman
    Hey guys I'm looking to get a book about freshwater fish, there requirements, and other stuff. I want it to be about many species from varies areas.
    Thanks

I thought that's the point of the internet...get what you need, print it out, laminate it and throw it in a folder. You can add to it whenever you'd like.
    "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandz
    Dr Axelrod's Atlas is my favorite book by far on fish. It lists their compatabilities, needs and has a pictoral refrence for every fish included.
    That is what I was referring to. I think I will check it out.
    Ya I know the Internet has good info but I enjoy learning about other fish out there and a book is far more reliable too.
    55 Gallon Community
    40 Breeder Peacock cichlid Grow Out
    10 gallon empty
    5 gallon Guppy Tank
    2.5 gallon cylinder Crayfish tank
    1 gallon empty

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

u needed one, and we don't have a goby gift, so I give you an imitation lobster - lobsternoob   For your new tank, Cangrats man - Cliff   for putting up with my rants - Cliff   Sorry about your turtle. - cer   

0 Not allowed!
    Ya I know the Internet has good info but I enjoy learning about other fish out there and a book is far more reliable too.

Just because it's published doesn't mean it's a good book. That's one thing my old english teacher taught me.
    "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to the holidays! - Slaphppy7   Happy holidays! - rebecca_finny   Merry Christmas (Santa Loves Pie) ;-) - Taurus   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Good to see you here again... - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    From what I have experienced, the internet is great and filled with lots of information. The issue I find is you really have to know what you are looking for in order to find it. With books like the Axelrod series, you can look through and oo and ah over all the different species of fish and its a different experience. Just my opinion but yeah...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No wonder your m doesn't work! Here is some more to replace what you sloshed. - mommy1   Bunny pest control penquin. - mommy1   I severely underestimated her stupidity... which was stupid of me! - Honey Badger 1   Well, from where I am sittin' it is good to have you back man! Have one on me. - Honey Badger 1   Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - 850R   

Exclamation

0 Not allowed!
    The irony of seeking info on the net about books because 'a book is more far reliable' is not lost on me .

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyCFH
    Just because it's published doesn't mean it's a good book. That's one thing my old english teacher taught me.
    +1

The quality of the results you get from the internet are exactly equal to the quality of the search. Period.
    If your search parameters are useless, You are crazy to expect results that are not useless.

So I ask: Did you search on site for reading suggestions? Doing so would find you Daves Book list.

It [Much like Dave himself ] is a treasure trove of info.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    as far as i'm concerned the internet is the best source. As long as you aren't lazy and are willing to compare more than one or two sites for conflicting or the same information its the best way to go and obviously a lot cheaper.

I mean there are sites like planetcatfish who have spent a great deal of their time displaying as much information as they have for your convenience, and some of those sites are incredibly reliable.

Good luck on your search.