Newest additions 4 of 6
    55: 2 small angels, 8 bloodfins, 6 black neons, 8 cories, 2 otos
    20: 1 gbr, 1 golden ram, 1 bolivian, 5 danios, 4 head and tail tetras
    10 QT: empty

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    blue.JPG

Striped.JPG

Other photos. Was wondering if anyone could tell me exactly what I've got here so I can plan a larger tank for when they start to grow. The biggest fish in that tank right now is about an inch long. The others might be lucky enough to be half that length.

3. Default Better lighting?

0 Not allowed!
    Can anyone recommend a better source of lighting for my 55 which wont involve making huge modifications? I'd like to be able to have a wider variety of plants. Most of the ones that I like require more light than I can currently provide.

4. Default 100%

0 Not allowed!
    Went ahead and made a few moves and restocked over the last few days.

Set up my spare 20 gal, moved 2 of the rams into it along with the H&T tetras. Used an established filter from my current 20 gal (had two running at the same time) and some of the gravel. Stuck some mopani wood in along with some fake plants and they seem to enjoy the less busy environment.

The 1st 20 is still currently homing my 6 african cichlids. Not sure what kinds exactly, still trying to figure that out. I'm not so worried about what kinds, but a little curious to see what people say once I get an answer to the pics I've posted.

My main tank, the 55, is currently stocked with the 8 bloodfins, 1 german blue, 6 black neons, 4 von rios, 2 otos, 10 asst corys, 3 brass tetras, and a new angel that I picked up yesterday. Not sure of the sex of the angel but that doesn't really concern me since I do not plan on getting a second one. It's white with black vertical stripes, nothing flashy but I couldn't stop going back to the tank to look at it.

Went on aqadvisor and plugged in all my info, and according to that my 55 is 100% stocked as of right now. It still looks so empty but much better since I cleaned it up, moved some wood around. It'll look even more amazing once the plants I ordered come in next Friday!! I combed through the entire stock list on aquariumplants.com and found a bunch that seem to do well in lower light tanks like mine.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Decided to test the water today in the 55 because of the new fish I added.
    pH: 6.8
    Ammonia: 0-0.25 ppm (due to new stocking?)
    Nitrite: 0
    Nitrate: 5.0 ppm

6. Smile Just keep swimming....

0 Not allowed!
    Ordered a bunch of plants yesterday, they should be here Friday!! Can't wait!! Right now I've just got the two swords and some java ferns here and there. It looks nice but awfully empty and open. I know the fish aren't totally loving it but I had to wait for the funds to come in before I could splurge.

Here's what I've got coming on Friday:
    4 amazon swords
    5 bunches of anacharis
    1 bunch of pennywort
    1 bunch bacopa
    2 bunches of java fern
    1 bunch of wisteria

Hopefully these plants will do well with the flourite and the monthly fert doses. The swords I've got now have done well, even considering they've been moved, partially dried, and stuck in mud when I switched from gravel to the flourite. I forgot to rinse the stuff =/ They were in the dark for 4 days and survived!! Thinking of also putting a sand section for my cory's to root through but not sure how to do it without completely tearing the tank apart and starting from scratch.. Any suggestions? Was wondering if it might be possible to move everyone/thing into a storage bin and keep the filters running. I've got a couple big bins that I reserve for fish keeping business only (such as mass tear downs and moving).

My next project is to upgrade the lighting. This summers big project will be to build a hood/canopy for my tank so that I can get some of the t8 flourescent fixtures from home depot and suspend them over the tank. Right now I have 2 24" lights, the basic set up when the kit was bought. It's served its purpose so far but I'd rather just have one light that comes on versus turning two on and two off... Really freaks out my fish when one side is suddely brighter than the other.

7. Default Disappearing eggs..

0 Not allowed!
    So I woke up this morning at around 2 am (usual for me) and there were 3 groups of eggs stuck to the front of my tank. I suppose the new digs got them in the mood.. I looked again about 15 mins ago and there are only 3 eggs left out of a possible 12. What should I do? I havn't got an other tank to put them in that would keep them safe. Any ideas?

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    107 (800x338).jpg

Full shot

100 (699x744).jpg

Remaining eggs