· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kait's Tanks

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The gray one was kinda round in shape and the other was more pointed. Either way, I'm not too worried. I like snails as long as they don't destroy my tank.
    55: 2 small angels, 8 bloodfins, 6 black neons, 8 cories, 2 otos
    20: 1 gbr, 1 golden ram, 1 bolivian, 5 danios, 4 head and tail tetras
    10 QT: empty

2. Default Delivery!!

0 Not allowed!
    My flourite and driftwood arrived today! Boiling and soaking the driftwood today to get the tannins out though it may make my tank look a little interesting. Either way, today is deff a day for the LFS. Gotta get the filter media and fishing line and may look into a few guppies. The one I've got is looking kind of sad swimming all by herself. May just get females since the ones at the LFS are housed with males, and probably already pregnant.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That would be a good idea. You could instead get 1 male and 1 female. The males look really cool and come in so many colors and patterns.
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So I didn't get the guppies like I had planned on. Instead I snagged 2 otos and a bronze cory. The cory was the only one in the tank and was looking pretty sad. Got him half off cause the workers needed to empty the tank for a new shipment and didn't have anywhere to put him. He'll fit right in with my current population =) Anywho, tonight I'm sticking the driftwood in my 55, might put the smaller piece in my 20 once I attatch the java fern babies to it. Will take pics and hopefully it all goes smoothly..

5. Default New Pics!

0 Not allowed!
    So I tore out all the plants, decorations, and vac'd the gravel. Divided my java fern, tied all the little leaves to the driftwood I got earlier this week and stuck those in. Then replanted all the rest of the plants. Did about a 50% WC with all the vac'ing. Really glad I turned off the filter for the process. Either way, there are no fake plants or decorations in my tank anymore!! My goal has been accomplished! The only thing bothering me atm is that the tank looks soo empty now...

Before
    Old Scape (640x246).jpg
    After
    New Scape (640x309).jpg

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think the second setup looks more natural. I just read a couple comments on this thread, so if that's what you were going for - good job! Some people like an all natural tank, some people like a fantasy look, some people like it in the middle.
    Empty 125g sitting in my shed
    55g Freshwater Tropical Community
    29g Convict Fry Growout Tank
    10g Freshwater Planted Tropical Community
    5g Freshwater Planted Dirt
    2.5g Ghost shrimp tank

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've been trying to go for a natural look. I'm still a little dissapointed with how empty it looks. I've been considering increasing my bloodfin school, but I'm not sure if my tank could handle it. My current stock list looks like this:

4 X Oto
    10 X Bloodfin
    4 X Bolivian Ram
    6 X Cory (assorted)
    2 X German Ram

I've been thinking about adding a different kind of tetra to fill out the upper part of the tank, just not sure what kind. Any suggestions?

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Can you remind me how many gallons this tank is?
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12

9. Default Update 9-18-11

0 Not allowed!
    So it's been a very long time since I was last here. I moved the tanks over to the new place and the 55 proved to be more of a challenge than I had originally anticipated. All of my stock was in the 20 gal for 3 weeks because the flourite made such a mess and wouldn't settle. I was doing 30% WC's every other day just to make sure they were all going to be alright. I had extra filtration and only fed them every 2 days. Ended up getting some stuff to help make the water clear up and all the dust either sink to the bottom or clump together and float. The tank looks amazing right now, I love the way the flourite looks with the driftwood and the plants. On that note, my plants aren't doing as well as I'd hope they would. The java fern looks like it's slowly dying. Really hope it starts back up since there's more light getting to them without all the cloudyness, hope to post a pic soon. The fish seem to be doing alright so far. Moved a bunch of the filter media from the 20 back to the 55 once it got all cleared up, trying to avoid a new cycle. So far I've got the 4 Bolivian's, 4 Oto's, and 3 Cories in there. Catching all the bloodfins is seeming to be almost an impossible feat right now, so they may just be the only occupants in the 20 which is serving as a night light in my sons room. He watches them until he falls asleep.

10. Smile Wow time flies!!

0 Not allowed!
    Can't believe it's been so long since I last posted anything.. A lot has changed as far as my tanks go. I still only have the 55 and the 20 up but the stocking has deffinately changed.

The 55:
    8 bloodfins
    4 head and tail
    3 brass tetras
    1 bolivian
    1 german blue
    1 golden
    2 otos
    5 bronze cories
    4 peppered cories
    2 albino cories

The 20:
    6 african chiclids (the biggest is about an inch long)..
    -- 3 are gold, 2 are blue with stripes, and 1 is kind of yellow and black horizontal striped.. They look beautiful in that tank for now while they're still tiny.
    Thinking of spending the money on a new 55 but can't justify it while they are all still so tiny.

Most of my plants died off, the amazon sword and some of the java ferns are still kicking. Got some new plant food and they seem to be loving it. 3 days ago they looked pale and slightly wilted and now they are bright green and sprouting new leaves =D