· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default My other hobbie is putting Bones together! A Cow Skelton on wheels.

7 Not allowed!
    I do this for my Daughter, this one took 80 hours to build. It is 8 ft long and every bone is there. You have to drill them and use pins to put them together. We have the bones beetle cleaned then I have to build a frame to hold the back bone and neck that is strong. I drill them out and slide them on a long stainless steel rod. Hardest part is making them still look like a cow when your done!

This cow died of natural causes so no bullet holes in the head. You use white glue to hold the pin and a Dremel to drill the holes that are 1/8" and smaller. Ribs are held on with 2-1/8" pins each then I bend a strap of aluminum to keep them from being broke off. Sold some to schools and you know how people are they like to touch!! I have done a horse, cow, goat, badger and lots of legs of different animals so far. The small animals are harder to do because you have to use a 1/32 to 1/16 inch drill bit. The small bones get hot drilling and you have to hold them in your fingers to drill them.

If you make a mistake you can't go to the store to get another bone! This cow would sell for around $12,000.00 so you better make it right. Mark

A Goat I built. This is the first one I put together to learn on.
    Last edited by Plecos; 09-08-2014 at 12:25 AM.

1 Not allowed!
    That is totally cool. Time to put one together of an arapaima.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    No offense but, that is kinda creepy, but cool at the same time, please domt let it get struck by lighting.
    A true aquarist knows what it feels like to step on a sharp piece of gravel
    do as I say, not as I do- William
    Sandy hook, need lest we forget- steeler58
    I think if someone thinks clownfish are called nemos they should banned from keeping sw tank.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spardas View Post
    I guess that is a fish(looked it up that's a big fish!) and someday I will do one. There bones are real small and they tend to remove the excess meat and let them dry the cartilage will hold them together.

This is inside the rib cage of the cow and you can see how hard they are to mount. When drilling them the other rib gets in the way. Mark

A top view you can see the pins better.
    Last edited by Plecos; 09-08-2014 at 12:50 AM.

1 Not allowed!
    I am not a fan of skeletons, but in a way those are oddly beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

6. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by showmebutterfly View Post
    I am not a fan of skeletons, but in a way those are oddly beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
    We don't kill the animal we use. They may have been sick and put down etc. The best part is they keep on living in a different way to train Vets at a school since that is where they go. The time I spend on one is to make it correct and treat it with respect. I know that sounds strange but I spend many hours thinking on how I can build it with out taking away from the beauty of the animal within.

0 Not allowed!
    That is seriously awesome stuff you have there. I completely agree with Spardas: a big fish would be really interesting. Or maybe a large Loricarid or other armored catfish. The scutes would be a nice challenge.

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    That is SO cool! I am impressed and totally jealous!
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spardas View Post
    Here is one that someone put together. Lots of little bones. Ligament Articulation is what they call it. Not done with pins. They let the beetles almost clean it all the way but leave the connective tissue hold the bones together then scrape it clean. Lot of work but looks good in the end.

10. Default A Horse I put together

1 Not allowed!
    I just got done with this young horse for a Vet School. It was so sad he was shot in the leg and left to live with the wound!! You can see the damage in his left rear leg where the bone started to heal for around 6 months. I had a hard time making it look like it would be if standing. I do get to see some of the pain animals go thru because of humans and it makes me angry!!