· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Need some help and advice

0 Not allowed!
    Ok so I will try to keep this short without leaving out important suff but if i do just ask and i will provide.
    Ok so my brother has a 75 gallon african cichlid tank and just got a red emprise female that is holding eggs right now. I have a 55 gallon "community tank with a pair of bristlenoses that will spawn again soon. i now have a 40 gallon breeder with a 3-4 inch jack dempsey. So I was thinking of moving him/her to the african tank temperarly and moving some breeding fish into the 40 wheather is be the bns or the red emprise or a pair of dragon bloods.
    What would you guys do in my situation?
    55 Gallon Community
    40 Breeder Peacock cichlid Grow Out
    10 gallon empty
    5 gallon Guppy Tank
    2.5 gallon cylinder Crayfish tank
    1 gallon empty

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    New idea- My brother has a 75 with several different types of african cichlids. I am considering just getting rid of the jack dempsey and using the 40 breeder to breed cichlids? If so, which fish would be worth the most and/or be the coolest to breed? Eureka reds, ruby reds, red empress, dragonblood peacock, german red, or electric blues
    55 Gallon Community
    10 gallon empty
    5 gallon Guppy Tank
    1 gallon empty

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the clarification - Mith   A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb   sorry about your angelfish - smaug   Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R   Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    Well, most of those peacocks are pretty common and worth about the same. Likely the electric blues and the dragonblood or german red would get you the best price. But I'm only going by what I've seen offered here at my LFS. Your area market might be different.

I have heard you can keep JDs with africans for a short time, but it sounds like your africans are already old enough that they won't accept a new "outsider" fish. But maybe it depends on what kind of africans too - peacocks perhaps wouldn't be a problem. But I wouldn't risk it. You might as well rehome the JD, I think.
    20gal long planted community
    5 gal planted betta

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ya that is what I will prob do. Does any one have experience with breeding any of these fish.
    55 Gallon Community
    10 gallon empty
    5 gallon Guppy Tank
    1 gallon empty

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No wonder your m doesn't work! Here is some more to replace what you sloshed. - mommy1   Bunny pest control penquin. - mommy1   I severely underestimated her stupidity... which was stupid of me! - Honey Badger 1   Well, from where I am sittin' it is good to have you back man! Have one on me. - Honey Badger 1   Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - 850R   

0 Not allowed!
    Post 5 reported as spam - Mods please delete this post when you delete the spam.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the clarification - Mith   A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb   sorry about your angelfish - smaug   Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R   Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    weird kind of spam...not an ad...
    20gal long planted community
    5 gal planted betta

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No wonder your m doesn't work! Here is some more to replace what you sloshed. - mommy1   Bunny pest control penquin. - mommy1   I severely underestimated her stupidity... which was stupid of me! - Honey Badger 1   Well, from where I am sittin' it is good to have you back man! Have one on me. - Honey Badger 1   Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - 850R   

Thumbs down

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sheamurai
    weird kind of spam...not an ad...

LED link in sig is an advert.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.