· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

Default has any one kept a zebra pleco?

0 Not allowed!
    i saw them and did a bit of research, just want to know it any one has kept these things before?
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

Awards Showcase

Have a martini on me fellow western marylander - jbeining75 thank you so much my puffer and i are very happy - Angila Heres one! :D - Wild Turkey nice plecos - KingFisher For all your advice  thanks - Celtic Fins 
    for your kind comments. - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas - Northernguy Awesome help with my loaches - R2 Ranch Seasons Greetings. Have a great Christmas - Celtic Fins Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill 
    Happy New year - Celtic Fins May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins 2001 posts! - Northernguy For your helpful fry advice - Cliff Its not a featherfin but thanks for the info!lol - Northernguy 
    Merry Christmas!!!!  :) - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    Keeping them isn't any more difficult than most other fish, clean water and proper diet. Breeding is another matter, though tank-raised stock is usually a better bet than wild-caught (if you can even find any since the ban on exporting from Brazil.) One thing to consider, they are a Hypancistrus species. I have groups of L-340 and L-333 that are quite similar, generally only see them when I strip down a tank for cleaning. Do you really want to pay the $$ for a fish you'll hardly ever see?
    Personally, I prefer the L-134 leopard frog Peckoltia's. Just as pretty IMO, considerably less expensive, and easier to spawn from what I've gathered.

^^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 

0 Not allowed!
    actually im trying to cut a deal at my lfs frank is offering me 3 of them for some volinering with their computer system (if i cant fix the issues then i get for cost and if i do he gives free) so worste case senario i think im looking at 8 bucks a fish. i was planning on putting them in with my striped raph in my 40g breeder with good night lighting, im sure id see them at night :P
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!

Awards Showcase

Have a martini on me fellow western marylander - jbeining75 thank you so much my puffer and i are very happy - Angila Heres one! :D - Wild Turkey nice plecos - KingFisher For all your advice  thanks - Celtic Fins 
    for your kind comments. - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas - Northernguy Awesome help with my loaches - R2 Ranch Seasons Greetings. Have a great Christmas - Celtic Fins Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill 
    Happy New year - Celtic Fins May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins 2001 posts! - Northernguy For your helpful fry advice - Cliff Its not a featherfin but thanks for the info!lol - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    Which species of zebra pleco is $8/each at cost? I thought you were referring to L-046; those go for $100+/each for juvies that take several years to mature.

0 Not allowed!
    I was browsing a website last night, it had zebra pleco's L46 for over $440!.
    That's over 100$ an inch at full size! So i'd say you've got a deal, just make sure you fix that computer to reflect the right prices afterwards.

Christian
    Mucky

Unusually I have nothing more to add...

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    idk he has them labeled at zebra plecos and they look just like all the pics ive seen, hes selling them at 25 a pop normal cost ....
    gotta love them bunnies!

0 Not allowed!
    Link for reference... if you are curious.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...36&pcatid=1136

And then corner the market!

If I had a setup ready to go I would but I am still in my research phase for my first tank so I probably shouldn't tackle this species yet.

Other sites have them listed for a more ?reasonable? $250.
    Mucky

Unusually I have nothing more to add...

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    yeah well online places seem to jack the prices on really hard to come by, where lfs needs to sell them so they are cheaper and yes i know about that saw it :P
    gotta love them bunnies!

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Pics? If he's selling L-046 for $25/each I'll drive down asap and take all he has.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    lol next time im over there if i remember ill grab a pic for ya :P

l-046 are the only ones that look like those right?
    gotta love them bunnies!