· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default Green Spotted Pufferfish...question

0 Not allowed!
    I have a little Puffer, and recently have noticed that his tummy turns a dark grey almost black color. He also has this after he eats; his Puffer brother doesn't have it.

Can anyone tell me what it could possibly be? Should I be worried about it? If it's something I should be concerned about, what can be done?

Thanks!
    Shine17

0 Not allowed!
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff

Thanks that was very helpful. I am going to check the water first and make changes. Then I'll see if it's salt. But maybe like the site said, he's bored of what I got for him.

I appreciate you sharing this link with me.
    Shine17

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i have gsp's and my hardest job is keeping them mentally stimulated. feed them different things all the time, change the setup every few days, and look at them and play games with them by holding things up to the glass for them to investigate and move it around so they have to chase it to see what it is. before i did all these things mine were not as green and didnt happily wag their fins, they would sleep, and get up for a few minutes, than lie down, they were boring, and grey. i started doing daily water changes and payed attention to them and all these things. now they are bright green, almost a neon turquoise on the top of their heads, and happy and curious. hope this helps
    65g planted: 1 black ghost knife, 3 pictus catfish, 1 striped rapheal, 1 golden dojo loach, 1 pleco, and a wack of snails (breeding for puffer food)

40g hex brackish: 2 green spotted puffers.

so many fish and so little room for tanks

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, that is awesome! We just got our first two, Bubbles and Pudge and we have been researching every where so we can give them the best home possible. I was thinking of finding floating toys for them to play with. And we are hoping to get a black ghost knife in the future!
    BubblesandPudge

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

Exclamation

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblesandPudge
    And we are hoping to get a black ghost knife in the future!
    There is a problem - these fish are strictly fresh water. They will not tolerate brackish water. Since this is a post under brackish water, I assume you have such a tank - if not, ignore the fool behind the curtain.

0 Not allowed!
    Old thread, now closed
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]