· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff
    That can certainy work

You would likey only need one return line as the 800 gph is not alot of flow from the drain lines. You could use a line-lock fitting at the end of a single return line to divde the flow if you would like.

Could save you on some of the plumbing work and a little $$$

Awesome. Thanks for the help! Learning already.
    10g - Planted - Male and Female Betta, 2 Gold Mystery Snails, Cherry Shrimp and a ton of Ghost Shrimp.

10g - Planted - 5 Neon Tetras, 4 Cherry Barbs a boat load of snails and Ghost Shrimp

36g - Planted - 4 Electric Yellows, 1 Albino Arautus, 1 Yellow Finned Acei, 1 Male Red Jeweled, 1 12"+ Pleco(ready for a new home. Any Takers?)

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Are you sure that tank is going to stay together with the trim removed? I'd be a little concerned going rimless on a 55 gal tank with glass that thin. The trim keeps the glass from bowing out with the pressure of the water. Without the trim, it may put too much pressure on the silicone and eventually start leaking or even simply burst at the seams. Not dogging you.....just food for thought. Not something I would attempt.

0 Not allowed!
    Yea I'd be slightly concerned about removing the trim also... that's just me though

As to your return lines and drain lines also keep in mind the rating of your return pump at whatever the height of your tank above the pump. I.E. a pump rated for 1200GPH will get knocked down to 800GPH at a certain height... just another thing to keep in mind
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The trim, I'm 100% sure, is decorative only. Every side is a seperate trim piece. I have gotten as far as removing the trim, sanding down the edges of the glass and drilling the holes. Ill update the thread with pictures when I get back in town.
    10g - Planted - Male and Female Betta, 2 Gold Mystery Snails, Cherry Shrimp and a ton of Ghost Shrimp.

10g - Planted - 5 Neon Tetras, 4 Cherry Barbs a boat load of snails and Ghost Shrimp

36g - Planted - 4 Electric Yellows, 1 Albino Arautus, 1 Yellow Finned Acei, 1 Male Red Jeweled, 1 12"+ Pleco(ready for a new home. Any Takers?)