· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    my fiddlers seem to prefer staying in the water most of the time, even though I constructed a cute little white sand beach for them. And like Jackos, one my crabs has made a burrow and I never see her anymore. So considering that, I would say rocks or wood sticking partly out of the water would be preferable. I am actually considering redoing my tank (again) in a similar fashion.

Mine also really like floating wood. they sit on it like a little raft and its pretty funny when two of them try to get on the same piece and the same time.

EDIT:

I wanted to add that if you use rocks in there, avoid rounded or smooth rocks because its sometimes difficult for them to get a grip on smooth stone and they usually prefer craggy stone or driftwood.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    but the crabs would be happier with the sand and isnt more about making the crabs happy and to mimic their natural habitat? and darn i have gonna add some smooth river rocks so they have more room to get out of the water :(
    10 gallon- adfs, killifish, and male endler. 10 gallon- cpds, pygmy corys, and sparkling gouramis. 20 gallon-electric blue crayfish and minnows. 30 gallon breeder- cutteri cichlid breeding. 55 gallon-cherry barbs, angelfish, festivum, corys, greeb bristlenose plecos, and rams. 120 gallon- blood parrots, kirin parrots, jack dempsey, congo tetras, senegal bichrs.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnathonlove'sfish
    but the crabs would be happier with the sand and isnt more about making the crabs happy and to mimic their natural habitat? and darn i have gonna add some smooth river rocks so they have more room to get out of the water :(
    small rocks will be fine. They just have a hard time on wide, smooth surfaces. I have some river rocks in mine too to help support the slope of the beach.

its up to you how you want to design the habitat. I think they would be happy either way. as long as they have adequate space to get out of the water.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    how should i convert the tank to brackish? ill be changing everything slowly bc i dont want the filter to loose all the bacteria, i dont want my anubius and java fern to die, and i dont want the fiddlers to go in shock bc of the instant change from petco freshwater and my brackish water. ive heard to either just replace the evaporated water with slitely salty water or do it when you do a water change. which way is better?
    10 gallon- adfs, killifish, and male endler. 10 gallon- cpds, pygmy corys, and sparkling gouramis. 20 gallon-electric blue crayfish and minnows. 30 gallon breeder- cutteri cichlid breeding. 55 gallon-cherry barbs, angelfish, festivum, corys, greeb bristlenose plecos, and rams. 120 gallon- blood parrots, kirin parrots, jack dempsey, congo tetras, senegal bichrs.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    im getting my fiddlers, the hydrometer, and the salt today so can someone plz respond to the above question?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    so i ended up getting 1 red clawed crab and have some questions. do they have the same requirements as fiddlers? how can you sex them? i heard you have to look at their vent but how the heck can i do that? wont it pinch me? can two females be together? how about 2 males? do males have bumps on their claws? thanks for the help! ill start converting the water next week! ill be taking out a gallon of water and adding enough salt to get it to like 0.004 so it will be around 0.002 with is what i heard your supposed to raise it to or was it 0.020 each week ugh!!!! how can i do that?