· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stock for 30g?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Stock for 30g?

0 Not allowed!
    I was wanting something that would school and don on all levels of the tank not just the middle and also a bottom dweller. I was thinking a couple of black skirt tetras and maybe some cories. Any other suggestions or any body wanna call ne a fool for being wrong about something? Anything is welcome.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish   thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish   You help a lot - PhillipOrigami   For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff   beautiful discus! - Crispy   

0 Not allowed!
    I like Black Skirt Tetra's but becareful on the school size - they get up in size (1.5 inchs and fairly heavy compared to their starting size.) They are a tough fish and work well in schools and other fish. A Gourami (one) would work well since they like all area's of the tank (and work well with larger tetras.) Can't go wrong with cories but you need six so go with the smallest.
    Knowledge is fun(damental)

A 75 gal with eight Discus, fake plants, and a lot of wood also with sand substrate. Clean up crew is down to just two Sterba's Corys. Filters: continuous new water flow; canister w/UV, in-tank algae scrubber!! Finally, junked the nitrate removal unit from hell.

For Fishless cycling:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish   welcome - Algenco   Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins   Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish   Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k   

0 Not allowed!
    Many different kinds of tetras to choose from. A group of tetras and a school of corys would do well in a 30 gallon. Is there any fish in the tank now?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Nope not a one Rich. I still have to get a filter and cycle it though so this is just list of possibles.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your guppys for the people project! - Fraoch   You needed a gift! - Agassizii   Congrats on your award. - Brookfish   For the hot weather - fraggle   Have another - Agassizii   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ranubis89   

0 Not allowed!
    I would go with a school of rummy nose tetras and about 4-5 Panda corys.
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." -Albert Einstein

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Lots of tetra species. I too like the black skirts but you never want to get a "couple" of any schooling fish. 6 at the very least and ever more for a school is best.

0 Not allowed!
    I've currently got Danios, Glo Fish, Cory Cats, Mollies, Tiger Barbs, a Guppy and now some Angel fish. Watch out though, apparently Tiger Barbs can be aggressive towards the other fish I've listed. I haven't had a problem in the two months I've had them, but I still keep an eye on my fish. These fish swim all over the tank too.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by xxEMOxLIZZARDxx
    I've currently got Danios, Glo Fish, Cory Cats, Mollies, Tiger Barbs, a Guppy and now some Angel fish. Watch out though, apparently Tiger Barbs can be aggressive towards the other fish I've listed. I haven't had a problem in the two months I've had them, but I still keep an eye on my fish. These fish swim all over the tank too.
    You haven't got any large schools in your tank, your barbs are prob agressive because you only have 2 and should have atleast 6. The Angels should have a tank with a height of atleast 18 inches. Cory cats should be kept in numbers of 5+. Your tank is a mess in my opinion.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by HeinzP
    You haven't got any large schools in your tank, your barbs are prob agressive because you only have 2 and should have atleast 6. The Angels should have a tank with a height of atleast 18 inches. Cory cats should be kept in numbers of 5+. Your tank is a mess in my opinion.

Tiger Barbs haven't been aggressive since I got them. I know everyone keeps saying I shouldn't have them, but I see no problems with them. I had five at first and three have died. My dad and I have decided that we aren't going to get anymore since they seemed to fair worse in the tank.

I'm planning on getting more Cory Cats. I just haven't found any that grab my attention. I also want to get Panda Cory's and the place I used to go to burnt down and the new place didn't have any.

My Angel fish are small. About the size of an old school dollar coin.

Everything works out right now. No one is getting attacked.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    So I got a filter and put some old filter media in it from my dads 50g so insta-cycle right? And this weekend I might be getting the black skirts. That is the one fish I no for sure that I want and since thery're cheap I might be able to get 7-8 of them. And my lfs doesn't have cories so I was wondering, are their any good bottom dwellers for a 30g?