· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Talking poison dart frog terrarium help??

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Im new to the forum
    and I was looking for some helpful info on PDF
    Also, I am wondering which plants are "a nice sight" but easily kept with PDFs.
    Another thing is I would LOVE to keep moving water in my terrarium!
    I have a 35G hexagon tank by the way(:
    Thanks

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome To AC

Not much experience with the frogs but most sword plants can be grown partially emmersed. A powerhead with a hose that loops back to the other end of the tank would provide good flow or even create a small cascade or waterfall.

I hope this helps. Im sure another member with more experience on the topic will be along soon.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Pdf are not swimmers by a long shot. Make sure any water feature has areas for them to easily get out. The best plants for pdf vivs are coffefolia anubia for bigger plants. Pdf also like bromiliads. If you are not an experianced keeper of frogs,I really do not recomend pdf . They have a broad range of requirements that simply cannot be overlooked. Humidity,temp,specific dietary needs and supplements make pdf a critter for dedicated experianced keepers only.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thanks for the advice aeonflame(: and smaug...anytype of frog that you like?? thanks for all the advice everyone

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The best frogs for first frogs are fire belly toads. They are very easy to keep and feed. A simple 10 gal with a combo of water and dry spots kept at around the mid 70s is the ticket for them. They are very hardy and will eat easy to buy crickets. Occasionally dust with calcimu powder and that's all that's needed. After them,tree frogs like whites then clowns or tiger legs then red eyes then pdf.

6. Talking

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by smaug
    The best frogs for first frogs are fire belly toads. They are very easy to keep and feed. A simple 10 gal with a combo of water and dry spots kept at around the mid 70s is the ticket for them. They are very hardy and will eat easy to buy crickets. Occasionally dust with calcimu powder and that's all that's needed. After them,tree frogs like whites then clowns or tiger legs then red eyes then pdf.

I currently have two whites and I LOVE them They are my babies....Kisses and Sprite haha I like red eyed tree frogs though(:never heard of clowns.... Thanks again

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The best info on my frog I recieved from frogforum.net. They have people on there that raise, breed and sell frogs and can give you lots of help.

0 Not allowed!
    Hey everyone, if you interested in keeping dart frogs why not join the Dart Den forums? I'm a member there and have been helped considerably. I'm getting Dendrobates Leucomelas dart frogs on august 6th.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    dendroboard.com is another good website for PDF info
    20 and 10 gallon community tanks, 5.5 gallon dwarf gourami tank
    Red tail boa, Corn snake, Albino Nelson's milksnake
    Fire belly toads (2), Red eye tree frogs (2), Antilles pinktoe tarantula
    Mourning gecko, Electric blue gecko, Crested gecko, Mali uromastyx

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    Albert Einstein

My 55g community tank
    API test kit expiration dates
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/TheWil...49508741772536

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast