· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Megs 29g :)

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ok thanks, will keep that in mind
    -to ask a question, and question its answer, or to not ask, for the answer is waiting for you to find?
    65 g freshwater- 6 oto cats, 5 mollies, 5 platys, 10 guppys, 11 diamond tetras, 8 rummynose tetras, 8 glowlight tetras, and maybe a mystery snail
    5g betta tanks, and fry tanks

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    today is day 19

alright! this morning i did a 25% WC, and checked the stats. they were all fine and dandy. so i decided to add 2 more fish. i added 2 more platys, and i drip accumulated them. their names are nimbus and neon, but right now neon is hiding behind the filter, and nimbus is out and swimming with my old platys: skipper and liz.

i am going to wait an our or two to see if there is any difference in the levels.
    -to ask a question, and question its answer, or to not ask, for the answer is waiting for you to find?
    65 g freshwater- 6 oto cats, 5 mollies, 5 platys, 10 guppys, 11 diamond tetras, 8 rummynose tetras, 8 glowlight tetras, and maybe a mystery snail

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ok, so here are the levels:
    ammonia: 0.25ppm
    nitrite:0.25ppm
    nitrate:20ppm

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    day 20!!! ok for today i added 1 guppy, and his name is topaz. he is a silver blue lace cobra guppy. those guys have such a long name! he seems to fit in well with the other 4, and is eating well, and he is active.

now i have a total of 5 fish, and 1 snail in my tank. this morning i checked the water parameters and they are as follows:

nitrate: 0.25ppm
    nitrate: 20ppm.

why would it be that i have so many nitrates, but so very few nitrites? could it be that with my water changes i just never let them build up? or is it that i simply skipped that stage all together??

any thoughts??

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    today is day 21!!

ok, so the fish seem to be fine, they are all swimming and eating.

nitrite: 0.25ppm ish
    nitrate:15-20 ppm

im not going to do a water change today, because the no ammonia then the BB will die, and that is bad, so im going to leave it, and as always check again tommorrow.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    day 22!!!
    ok, so today, im still incrediably happy!! so far NONE of my fish have died, and none have seemed stressed.

so today i did a 50% WC for good measure, and i noticed that the dirty water was a bit green, is this bad, or normal for a new tank, there is also green algea growing everywhere, again, is this bad, or normal??

so here are todays readings:
    (after the WC)

ammonia: 0ppm
    nitrites:0.25ppm
    nitrates: 20ppm

might i be nearing the end, or is it just from the WC??

hey, another question here, would it be ok to add 2 more guppies to the tank on july 5? (today is june 28)

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    day 23!!

hey all, so im beginning to think that my cycle is coming to an end! as always, the fish are happy, energetic, and eating, so this leads me to believe that they are also healthy! one of the platys really scared me today though because she was hiding in one of the caves, and i couldn't find her for like ever, but shes out and about now.

so, here are todays readings:

ammonia: 0.10ppm ish(on the api liquid test it looks to be between 0 and 0.25)
    nitrite: 0.20ppm
    nitrate: 10- 15 ppm

so, if all systems are a go, then on july 5 i will add 2 more fish!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm on day 30 of my 75 gal cycle and I know I got awhile to go. You might have longer than you think. I had a massive ammonia/nitrite spike tonight after adding ghost shrimp yesterday and I'd been steady at .25 ammonia and nitrite. Just go slow, better safe than sorry!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ok, ill keep that in mind, thanks for reading!

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    day 24 here we come!

ok, so to this day ive had mo fish deaths, yay! they are all still doing great! today im going to head over to petsmart, and get a new nitrite test kit, because my current one is now empty. also, while im there i am going to maybe get some more plants, maybe even somelive ones!

so todays test results:

ammonia: 0,15ppm (darker tube than yesterday, but still lighter then .25)
    nitrite: - need a new tester
    nitrate: 15ppm

so, off to petsmart we go