· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Question 2 male honey gourami in a 40 gal tank?

0 Not allowed!
    I have one in a 30 gal Isoon to be exchanged for a 40 gal breeder) and the other in a 20 long that I want to make into an all-blue tank with one powder blue dwarf gourami in it along with a bunch of neons/cardinals, some blue mickey mouse platys, blue snails and others.

I'd like to put the honey gourami who is in the 20 gal long into the 40 gal. It has 4 diamond tetra, 3 bloodfin tetra, 3 redeye tetra, 3 otos, one boesemani rainbow and will have 2 male golden wonder killies in it that I bought on a whim. The 8 neons are going into the 20 long.

Is this feasible?

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    if you were going with 2 male gourami then you would need at least 4-8 females and plenty of hiding spots and territory zones. that might push stocking of the 40g tho.

btw ive never tried that at all. but as i can read with plenty of females to occupy the males attention and areas they can set up territories in, you should be fine. with all those other fish..... might be pushing stocking limits
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the information!

I don't want to breed, so not necessarily wanting to add female honey gourami to the tank. I'm thinking maybe the males could divide the 40 gal between them and each still have enough swimming room.

Just a thought, though!

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    most likely the males would fight alot. its not adding the females for mating its more of adding the females cause the males would have their attention on them over the other male. more fish = more spread out aggression.

im really only basing this off of my experiences with other sorts of fish that would fight.
    thinking now i once heard that gouramis are related to the bettas and therefor quite dangerous to keep together ..... just a thought
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The males will fight Without any females

0 Not allowed!
    And they may do just fine. You won't know until you try it and they've had time to get used to their tank and each other. It's not like two in a 10 gallon and you have others around. Change the tank around some so it's new to both of them and try it.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks everybody for your thoughts.

They were actually in a Fluval Edge initially. One of them started making bubbles (not so much in a real nest) and is currently doing that in the 20 long. The other is in the 30 gal.

I have to think through what I'm going to put into the 40 before I move ahead, I guess. I'm worried about moving the neons into the 20 at the moment...like, each time I move ahead, I'm afraid everything will come crashing down!!