· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Are Gouramis in general boring fish?

0 Not allowed!
    I have a Blue and Opaline Gourami in my tank for over a year and they just seem like really boring fish. They are slow swimmers and only really come out during feeding. Is this Normal or Am I doing something wrong to make them hide and rarely come out?

0 Not allowed!
    Sound like happy fish to me. Better than fighting, nipping and chasing each other all day.

Awards Showcase

No Message - Abbeys_Mom Please accept this as a token of my appreciation - crackatinny Merry X-mas - NorthernBoy For being a great poster from Hobbs - hobbs thank you so much!!!  you're awesome!  here's some champagne!  i know, you can't drink it!!  lololol - jeffs99dime 
    A rose for you, just for being you....all Moms deserve flowers! - kimmers318 Back at ya! - hobbs Sorry I beat your Tetris record :D - Chrona You need some good luck! - Lady Hobbs That one might not be enough!! - Lady Hobbs 
    candy, little girl? - Lady Hobbs Happy Mothers Day! - Drumachine09 A Birthday drink - crackatinny WELCOME BACK! - Lady Hobbs Happy B-day, and thank you for the cake! - DemonShark 
    For your new tank - Northernguy Have another! - Northernguy 
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Abbeys_Mom Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Abbeys_Mom Childhood Cancer - Abbeys_Mom Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Abbeys_Mom 

0 Not allowed!
    Beautiful, but boring. I had Gouramis for a few years (still have sparkling gouramis) and if they aren't fighting or breeding, they are just hanging around.

I have moved on to cichlids, they are always DOING something. I need to have activity in the tank. Community tanks are nice, but I personally find them to be tiresome to watch all day. I have neons in my tank closest to my desk and if they weren't so pretty they would be gone by now. They are SOOO BORING.

I have narrowed the list of things that I HAVE to have in a tank to be happy.
    Plecos or oto cats
    loaches
    cichlids
    Greatest Guitar Forum Ever
    www.thestringnetwork.com

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I really like gouramis. They are sorta boring in that they dont do much, but I've had dwarf, kissing, opaline, and others and they've always been good tank mates in every tank I've had. My 2 opaline's chase each other every now and then (I think I have 2 males) and its pretty funny. They sure can move then!

Awards Showcase

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish welcome - Algenco Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins 
    You need one of these too. - Celtic Fins everyones given you one but me! - mommy1 Thanks for Playing Mafia - The Red Severum Congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins congrats on your award! - Brookfish 
    Congrats on your pic award - Celtic Fins Sorry about Blackie and the others mate! - fraggle the algae was meant to be tissues! - fraggle sorry about your fishies - lucyinthesky Ta for the rep! - Wetpets 
    BEST MAFIA PLAYER MAFIA 3.14 - Kaz Christmas in July!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Gayle Congrats on  POTM - Celtic Fins Congrats! - Wild Turkey Congrats on POTM! - Brookfish 
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k 

0 Not allowed!
    That is the kind of fish I enjoy. I like pretty graceful fish.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have had Gouramis for a long time now. I have Snakeskin and Pearl Gouramis In a 75 gal they are very beautiful and graceful to watch.

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 lets see if you cann see this - William another test - William hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher 
    It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I was originally going to say "replace boring with peaceful" but then I remembered how multiple gouramis in a small space are most definitely not peaceful. So I'm going with "Replace boring with ninja-skills, lying in wait and moving slowly so you don't see their potential lethality"

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trillianne
    I was originally going to say "replace boring with peaceful" but then I remembered how multiple gouramis in a small space are most definitely not peaceful. So I'm going with "Replace boring with ninja-skills, lying in wait and moving slowly so you don't see their potential lethality"
    I remember a while back my wife tried to start a fish tank...she had like 14 fish in a 15g tank with no filter or anything. She had like guppies, neons and one Opaline Gourami. Anwyays it was a total failure and the Gourami was on a rampage. He started killing off fish left and right.

I quickly did research on how to maintain a tank and saved half the fish but the Gourami still eventually killed them off...I was dealing with a killer fish.

anyways that was the original Opaline Gourami that i've had for almost 2 years lol...he went from killer Opaline to a retired hit man LOL.

9. Wink

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rich311k
    That is the kind of fish I enjoy. I like pretty graceful fish.
    Me too. I don't really care either way. Graceful or Playful.
    The master of all things Corydora

10 gallon that will soon have corys
    frequent aquarium forum searcher and cookie monster fan

0 Not allowed!
    My Powder Blue male is probably the most active gourami I have owned, a good deal of the time he is ivestigating the tank looking for some newly lain eggs or seeing if there are some scraps of food somewhere. He also likes to pester the plecos by "feeling" them up....he is a creeper for sure
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon