· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: i've got fry!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need some gifts - Lady Hobbs   coffee, tea or me? - Lady Hobbs   now it looks better here - Lady Hobbs   ok, I quit - Lady Hobbs   Cogratulations on 1st lottery win! - Lady Hobbs   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sergo   

Default i've got fry!

0 Not allowed!
    i bought a red zebra from petsmart on july 4 that was holding eggs and while observing the tank yesterday i watched her spit one of the fry out. that was so cool! that little guy came zipping out and then disappeared. after it disappeared i started thinking that it wouldn't be too great of an idea to let them lose so i netted her and over the course of a few minutes she ended up spitting the rest out (7). so i got a moderate size zip loc container and put some holes in the lid and in the sides. i put the fry in it and submerged it in the tank but i think there is still one lose in the tank but i haven't seen since shorly after it got spit out so he's on his own. i also put in 1/4 of a piece of algae wafer for them to eat. anyone have any suggestions for raising red zebra fry?
    Last edited by sergo; 07-23-2007 at 01:27 PM.
    55 gal lightly planted mbuna

"some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Hey good for you. I can hardly believe it but I have not had babies even one time. I think the eggs all get eaten before they have a chance.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

nice discus - Lady Hobbs   Excellent researching! - Rue   For Your Friendship & Help - MeganL3985   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    Hey good for you. I can hardly believe it but I have not had babies even one time. I think the eggs all get eaten before they have a chance.
    Conrats on your new babies.

Yeah me too, i never get babies, except for my livebearers but thats no fun and they arn't worth anything lol. I might go with silver dollars next, since my goldfish are dieing (yay!) lol.. goldfish dont die when you want them to!.. i have like 3 left in my 86 gallon. But they are big
    Salman

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need some gifts - Lady Hobbs   coffee, tea or me? - Lady Hobbs   now it looks better here - Lady Hobbs   ok, I quit - Lady Hobbs   Cogratulations on 1st lottery win! - Lady Hobbs   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sergo   

0 Not allowed!
    i guess thats the great thing about mouthbrooders and the reason why bought her was because she was already holding. those little guys are neat. they are all eyes.
    Last edited by sergo; 07-23-2007 at 02:06 PM.

"some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer   For the donation...thanks! - A340   Merry Christmas :) - squirt_12   Merry Christmas! - SkarloeysMom   Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! - 2manyfish   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Drumachine09   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Drumachine09   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Drumachine09   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Drumachine09   Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sergo
    i guess thats the great thing about mouthbrooders and the reason why bought her was because she was already holding. those little guys are neat. they are all eyes.

I saw a scene from "planet earth" in lake malawi, when this mouth brooder spit out about 100 fry, and then sucked them all back in. It is amazing to see.

Congrats on the fry! I am hoping to breed my severums soon, so, we might have a bunch of babies on the forum!
    Money can't buy happiness, but it sure can pay the rent.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Excellent supporter! Great posts! - Rue   good poster/nice guy - Lady Hobbs   thanks for all the help here - Lady Hobbs   Thanks for the research! - Nick_Pavlovski   Have a cookie! - Drumachine09   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - RobbieG   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the fry!

I have tried to watch that one episode about 20 times - every time its on some emergency comes up. I'm about ready to buy the DVD!
    Go ahead - try to count my Bumblebee Gobies!

72 Gallon Bowfront
    Angel, Sharks, Tetras, Fire Eel
    30 Gallon
    African Butterfly, Violet Goby, Tetras, Danios
    30 Gallon
    Clown Loaches, Neons, BumbleBee Gobies, Tetras
    10 Gallon
    Baby Platies

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    damn, 100! that's a mouthful for sure.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift! Thank you for all your great posts =D - Ryuu   for guessing till your gills turned red!  you deserve one!  lol - KrytterKrys   Have a gift! - Tolley   For all your kind comments. Thank you - Celtic Fins   I thought you needed a front. - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    Hooray!