· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cat deterrants

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My first reaction would be to live trap the cat and dispose of it. If you are mentally unable to cross that bridge I would think a reverse slant fence might do it. Though that is a lot of work and expense to accomodate a problem someone else is imposing on you.

0 Not allowed!
    We used to use moth balls to keep stray cats and racoons out of our trash.

It worked OK. You would just need to make sure non of them got into the pond
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

lets see if you cann see this - William another test - William hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus 
    Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 
    Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 
    Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    They do make granulated cat repellant made from urine of predator types such as coyotes you can buy at some home and garden shops. I've not tried it personally but that would save you from chasing them in the wild.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Moth balls work for cats, they also work for deer. However, they destroy your enjoyment of the pond because the fumes fill the air and prevent you from spending much time there. That's some serious self punishment imposed for another person's thoughtlessness. Capital cat punishment still sounds like a fair and final solution.

0 Not allowed!
    Dogs are awesome cat deterrants. Borrow a friend's dog and have it pee all over the yard
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Cat repellant does work My GSD keep killing the stray cats that came into our yard. Some one called the dog catcher on us for killing cats. they told us to get cat repellant and spray all around the yard and they would stay out. and they do. I think my GSD was a better idea. It was cheaper

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Conibear 220. Google it.

8. Default Hey!!!!!!!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by guppy107
    Cat repellant does work My GSD keep killing the stray cats that came into our yard. Some one called the dog catcher on us for killing cats. they told us to get cat repellant and spray all around the yard and they would stay out. and they do. I think my GSD was a better idea. It was cheaper
    Waaaait... you didn't care the cats were getting killed?!?!! Whoever called the dogcatcher had the right idea!!! Even if they are strays, they're still cats!!!! poor cats
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    29 sw: Damsel, shrimpgoby, pistol shrimp, waspfish
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas
    29 fw: Chili rasboras, pygmy cories, P. Gertrudae

0 Not allowed!
    This thread is over 5 months old.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff