· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Female gold gourami not eating

0 Not allowed!
    i have put my female gold gourami in a breeding tank on her own in my first attempt at breeding. the problem is she is hardly eating. i have tried shrimp and krill flake, daphnia and blood worm. any suggestions?

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Have you just moved her into this breeding tank? If so close the lights and let her rest for the day so she can get used to the tank.

Is this tank a newly set up one and has it been cycled properly? Also how is the water's condition?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yes i set the tank up 2 weeks before putting her in. its a 10 gallon tank filled up with 7 inches of water (taken from my main tank where she lived) at 30C. i have live plants, an upturned clay pot, foam filter, and a square offcut of polystyrene floating in the corner for a bubble nest. ph is around 7. this is the third day of her being in the breeding tank and she only eats minimal amounts. its hard to tell if she is gravid or not so am i doing anything wrong is is she sick maybe?

0 Not allowed!
    Was the tank cycled? I think probably not since you said you set it up only 2 weeks prior but maybe you heavily seeded the tank? Putting in old water did nothing for the cycle. Have you checked the water parameters?
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    well i do a water change every week with my main tank so its always clean and cycled. what do you mean by seeding the tank? i had my lfs check my water for me and its fine, around 6.9-7ph. is there anything i've missed or you would suggest i do?

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe I'm confused. You have 2 tanks, a main tank and a 10 gallon. The 10 gallon has been up and running for 2 weeks. Unless you seeded the tank (added established bio media from the main tank and immediately stocked said tank) or did a fishless cycle, your water parameters won't be okay for long. The stores usually use strips for tests, inherently inaccurate. You should invest in a good liquid test kit.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.