· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

0 Not allowed!
    Hey did you set up diy co2 for this tank?

my two favorites in my life.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Nope. I'm using the nutrafin co2 system. I'm eventually going into diy mixtures but using the equipment from the co2 system.

Edit
    Duh wrong thread lol. No I'm not using any co2 for now.

Also for Cory cats I think I want sterbai they look great but they are expensive exspecially for a big group like I want.
    Last edited by Fisharefriends27; 08-21-2011 at 02:35 AM.
    120 gallon29 gallon
    5.5 and 2.5 gallon
    The harley man......no not the motorcycle, harlequin rasboras
    Angie R.I.P. 10/29/11

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    New stocking scheme:
    I'm debating the angelfish. I like them but ime sometimes they are a total royal pita if I do get one I will not be getting one for a while. Definitley a koi angel, maybe off of angels plus because you can get some premium thing if I remember correctly and it guarantees the nice orange on the head color.

I'm also debating cardinal tetras. The neon red and blue colors will really stand out and make a great school.

So with that said here ya go, hasn't changed much

20 harlequin rasboras
    20 cardinal tetras
    15 sterbai Cory
    1 angelfish

What do you guys think?(I know some angels will even eat cardinals)
    120 gallon29 gallon
    5.5 and 2.5 gallon
    Angie R.I.P. 10/29/11

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Add a bn pleco to the stocking.

Replanning the plants again lol.
    Researching again lololol

I was planning this tank last year yes last year and it's still not completely done. I was planning a large tank, not specifically a 120g yet. Then I was planning for it to be about 1/4 through cycling in December or so. Now it's next October and pretty much nothing!

Anyway back to planning and researching........
    120 gallon29 gallon
    5.5 and 2.5 gallon
    Angie R.I.P. 10/29/11

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You have way more patience that I ever have had. The tank would have had fish in it last December if it were my tank. Maybe even sooner.
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Stupid tank is getting me so POed. I can't do water changes on it, it's too big to maintain, and everywhere I try the syphon it won't work. This thing has been a total waste of money and my time, if I can't do it. No pwc= no fish. Grrrr......
    120 gallon29 gallon
    5.5 and 2.5 gallon
    Angie R.I.P. 10/29/11

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I had the same problem when I first tried using my python. I found that if I attached it the the kitchen sink and ran the desposal the sink would drain. If I did not run the disposal the sink would flood. (btw is this the problem that you are having). Good luck on figuring it out.
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Worked on the tank. Long story. So awhile ago I tried to change some water and clean the filters. I was having alot of trouble and gave up. Tank sat there halfway full nothing running for awhile.
    Went to some fish store/business. They had amazing tanks, super super clear, 2 planted and 2 reef. There were huge tanks(biggest was a 300 gallon bow front) and there were some small ones(an ADA over priced tiny thing. It was so small but cost $200 ) next to one of the displays was an empty 120g. It looked small and so easy to maintain.kinda inspired me that it's insanely easy to take care of it, but in the 29g it made me even angrier at how it turned out, and how the plants were dying. So researching planted tanks for examples i was having trouble trying to get a good hardscape and plan. I cleaned the tank up and got it partially set back up(the top was stagnate for awhile and had that film but when if you scooped it up it was a thick slimy film and was gross, got off most of it) so I figured any small tank I do will be planted, why don't leave this one unplanted and the 29g planted? This way I can I have big fish that hate plants in the 120g, but I still always have a small tank that's planted. So I ditched a planted tank for the 120.
    Set it the rest of the way back up.

Thought about doing
    1 Oscar(tiger)
    1 pleco(a 12" one or so, may e a smaller type, but I would like a decent sized one)
    Or
    Cliffs stocking idea again.

But then thought I would start a bit easier with 2 fish(the 1st idea), because you don't have to worry how nice it looked, because of the way oscars are, and it would be easy for me i guess, not having to worry about a million fish, just 1. If I get this down, the next stocking(after a long time lol) would be something like cliffs stocking, the. The next the angel plan with a full planted tank.

So most likely an Oscar and pleco. I want to get some PVC pipes too. (just 1 probably a black 6" one, and if the pleco needs a bigger one later, an 8" one(probably not though))

Also the tank water was so clear at that place it kinda frustrates me. In another thread a member was talking about boyd's chemipure. He said it was the secret to his clear tank water. Might get it.

That was alot lol
    120 gallon29 gallon
    5.5 and 2.5 gallon
    Angie R.I.P. 10/29/11

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    today after some hard work with my dad the tank has came a long way since it looked this morning. it looks so much better in person. i am trying to seperate the eco complete and tahitan moon sand. hard work, but its getting there anyway some pics.

a veiw from the stairs, there is a cutout in the wall so the tank makes a statement.

full tank shot. i blocked out the light it places to try to make the focal point with the light and the driftwood with plants(plastic)

left side of the dw and plants

and right side of dw and plants

this is most likely the final layout of the tank hardscape, plus or minus a few plants and changing to the sand.
    120 gallon29 gallon
    5.5 and 2.5 gallon
    Angie R.I.P. 10/29/11