· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvMyGoldBarb
    Looks great Gem. You have some live rock to get that sucker going? lol

Thanks Brad. Everything that went into this tank was transferred over from the 110 except the sand and rock. The water is 60% water from the 110 and 40% fresh mixed. I stacked a bunch of live rock from the 110 in the sump for the first couple weeks and there's a softball sized chunk with my solitaryensis on it in the display tank as well.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TazManiac
    I quite like layout 1 but what you have done in-tank is great. Looks like you will have good flow and as you said, plenty of hiding spots. Love it.

Thanks Taz. Yeah, I measured out the square on the wood to the outside dimensions of the tank. OOPS. That layout just didn't work the same in the tank. There didn't seem to be enough room in there. I was very careful when taking the structure apart to lay them out on the ground in a manner so that I would remember exactly how they were on the board. Somehow, hanging over the tank looking down into the water makes stacking them a little more difficult. Anyway....that's what I ended up with. But, it still looks pretty cool, expeciall in person. Pics tend to not show all the details.

Thanks for the compliment Cliff.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    A clear water picture taken this morning. Need to get in there today with a tube of IC gel and glue some corals. Not going to glue too much down as the house I'm currently renting is now in the process of forclosure. I'm sure I have a few months before the bank asks me to vacate, but I will be moving. I'm in the process of looking for a condo to buy.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Tank is looking amazing, Gem! I really love that layout. What sort of corals are going in? And good luck looking for a new place! I know enough about moving to know it's a pain to find the right place.
    C'est la vie.

4'x2'x2 Tank: 1 Scooter Blenny, 1 Pink Tailed Shrimp Goby, 1 Goby of unknown species, 2 Yellow Tailed Blue Damsels, 1 Blue Tailed Wrasse, 1 Percula Clown.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The corals I already have are a few acan Lordes, frog spawn, hammer, zoas, palys, favia, a tyree green toadstool, Solitaryensis, setosa.

I have a mix of everything, sps, soft, and lps.

I plan to add a lot more in the future. But I'll be limiting how much I add until after I move. I'm not sure when I'll be moving as it depends on 2 things.
    How much longer before the bank comes to my door and throws me out of this house, and how long till I find a condo to buy and close escrow.