· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Tank is looking great there Gemmy. Can't wait to see you fill it up again.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Brad. That was done on Sunday. I did things the unconventional way. My goal was mainly to get the 110 down and rescue my suffering corals. I spent far too little time on the tank because of the amount of maintenance and cash to properly keep a tank that size. Am very happy with my little 60 gal. Besides the fact that it's very pretty.

First...my reefing history just for kicks......

My first tank.... 2.5 gal pico reef.

Then....upgraded to a ghetto rigged, put together with things I had lying around the house 46 gal

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Next came the upgrade to the 110 gal

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Somewhere in there I also had a 34 gal seahorse tank. But multiple tanks was really too much.

And now.....

The electrical box....all the cords will be arranged neatly once I get everything dialed in and set on the DC8. I haven't reprogramed it yet. I had 2 MH's on the 110 and only one on this tank so the timing it off.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    A view from the front. You can see the AC Jr and the ATO tank.

The sump area. My Euro Reef RS 8-2 didn't fit in this sump. I thought it would......micalculated by a long shot. It was really better anyway. That skimmer was WAY too much for this tank.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The first chamber in the sump is fed off the main drain but has minimal flow. That chamber will be a refugium. The fuge really should be after the skimmer chamber, but ....again....unconventional. And that's something people often debate anyway. To each their own I say.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I worked out a trade with a friend from my reef club. All my rock from the 110 for a Euro Reef 5 series skimmer with Sedra 3500 pump. Much better fit. And I love this skimmer. It kicks booty!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    And finally ...a full tank shot. I have no sand and only very minimal rock. I will be ordering Marco rock this next week as well as sand. For now it's BB and my corals are on the floor and/or the one rock in the tank.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I will be skinning the stand eventually, as well as framing the tank with red oak.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The tank finally got sand today. I stopped being lazy and rinsed and sifted my old sand!

Also added a new critter yesterday. I think he's happy to have sand now instead of slipping around on the glass bottom! Love my little staghorn crab!