· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default What Stand are you using on large Tank

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Everyone,

i am just curious what you guys use as a stand for a large tank, of say 75g (or similar).

My preference would be something with doors to hide the cannister and other fish stuff inside. They have something at Big Al, but it is between 150 - 300 $ depending on model, and i honestly would want to see other options in the <200 $ with doors. I am not very mechanically inclided to do my own stand, but if price would be much much cheaper, i would consider seing if i could realistically do it. Also, i do like seing different setups, so pls feel free to send pics of your setups, no matter what it may be.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A fish for your upcoming aquarium! - Rue   For your daughter's tank! - Rue   for making me laugh thank for the info - Cliff   Thanks for the CO2 info, have one on me !!! - Cliff   sorry about your betta, he was beautiful - Jeddi   

0 Not allowed!
    my stand is in my vid in this link

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=77848

If you look in the thread here by Wild turkey

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ht=large+stand

He's built a lovely stand, I plan on something similar to this for my next reef tank.

Another option is find a nice sturdy piece of oak or similar furniture at auction then strengthen it. Another option I'm considdering lol

Good luck
    Used to try and keep track of my fish here.....

Ran out of room and time!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish   welcome - Algenco   Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins   Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish   Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k   

0 Not allowed!
    I use a plain wrought iron stand for my 75. The only equipment is the filter so it does not look bad in my opinion.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

congratulations on the cycled tank!! - mommy1   Too bad you cant really open them... - DemonShark   congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins   thanks for the rock elp. - krystalsohun   hang in there - mommy1   
    Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - jackson17   

0 Not allowed!
    Building your own stand if you are capable is much better than buying one pre built. You can make one stronger, and more customized to your liking. I've seen some that have a large tank on top, with a shelf in the middle under it for a 10 gallon with doors on either side. Very nicely done and very sturdy.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199   Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz   Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime   Birthday Beer. - gadget228   Sending healing vibes to your Oscar - Silbar   
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino   

0 Not allowed!
    I too like a wooden stand with doors to hide my stuff. If you don't feel up to building your own, don't skimp and buy a cheap one. An aquarium stand has to hold a lot of weight for years and years... not something you want to cut corners on.
    300 gallon mega tank: sailfin pleco, clown loaches, silver dollars, roseline sharks, congo tetras, new world cichlids
    125 gallon office tank: Africian cichlids, synodontis catfih
    75 gallon community tank: bolivian rams, black skirt tetras, dwarf neon rainbowfish, corys, harlequin rasboras, otos, bristlenose and bulldog plecos, assassin snails, various shrimp
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thank you for all the advice - Cliff   No Message - Aydreean   Thanks! Here's a shrimp for ya. - Flakes4Bait   Thank you!!! - harpua2002   Merry X-mass, and thanks for the help this past year - Cliff   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    A simple box frame made of 2x4's, wrap it in thin panel, add some doors. Fairly cheap alternative to store bought ones.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to the holidays! - Slaphppy7   Happy holidays! - rebecca_finny   Merry Christmas (Santa Loves Pie) ;-) - Taurus   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Good to see you here again... - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Really, you dont want to undertake the buying of a stand when you can build one seriously cheap. Mechanical enclination is relative to building something from ikea.