· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for spaying your dogs - gabbyguppy   my prayer for your strength to see you through. - smaug   moving - Surfdog   for having such beautiful fish. - oscarkid36   

Default Natural Gas Conversion system

0 Not allowed!
    Just paid a 105 to fill my truck up today. when I got to the shop I order a cng kit for my 09 f150. from Technocarb they are out of Canada. Paid 2500 for it. by the time I am done I will have 5000 in it. Have to buy a tank and a fuel maker. A 9 gal tank will get you about 125 miles. going to put 2 on my truck. I can fill both the tanks for less than 20. It will take about 6 hr to fill them every night at the house. at 4.15 a gallon it will pay for itself in about 2 year. I see a lot of folks doing this.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

congratulations on the cycled tank!! - mommy1   Too bad you cant really open them... - DemonShark   congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins   thanks for the rock elp. - krystalsohun   hang in there - mommy1   
    Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - jackson17   

0 Not allowed!
    I've never heard of natural gas running cars, but to me, kinda seems dangerous. Gas itself is flammable, natural gas however I think is a little more combustive.

Why not fun the car off of e85? I was going to convert my car but didn't. The whole machine/chip thing that does it is like 200-600 depending on car (I think). It is a direct bolt up and you can use the same tank/system. From what I recall, the only thing it does is ''spray'' a little more e85 into the valves to get the same combustion. The gas mileage is slightly, I mean slightly, less but it it is $2 a gallon cheaper.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for spaying your dogs - gabbyguppy   my prayer for your strength to see you through. - smaug   moving - Surfdog   for having such beautiful fish. - oscarkid36   

0 Not allowed!
    it takes 400 to 600 to burn gas 1200 to burn cng and it is lighter than air. ia is safer than gas. there is over 1,000,000 cars and bus in India on cng at this time. world wide at this time it is sad to be around 20,000,000 on cng. all 3 of are auto makers make some kind of cng car our truck. Ford has the f150 and the contour.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

congratulations on the cycled tank!! - mommy1   Too bad you cant really open them... - DemonShark   congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins   thanks for the rock elp. - krystalsohun   hang in there - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    ^ Gotcha, still though, have you looked into e85? It is very cheap and the conversion is a lot cheaper compared to that. Just something to look into. I was going to do, but I get like 40mpg and will be doing an engine swap in the future so it wasn't worth it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199   Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1   Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1   lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA   Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Gas prices are ridiculous. The bf keeps threatening to get a Nissan Leaf.

We do have some natural gas vehicles out this way. We also have a number of electric vehicles out here too, and a few places are starting to put in the charging stations. I've also heard of several people using bio-diesel made from used cooking oils from restaurants and other events.

But oddly e85 hasn't really caught on out here. Saw lots and lots of it in the midwest farming region.

From what I understand e85 is cheaper, but most cars are less fuel efficient using it, meaning you have to use more.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trillianne
    From what I understand e85 is cheaper, but most cars are less fuel efficient using it, meaning you have to use more.
    Unless you have a car this is designed to run on e85.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just because... - alfcea   for starting a saltwater tank - cocoa_pleco   Tanks really coming together! - oldhead   merry christmas - cocoa_pleco   Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  :) - KrytterKrys   

0 Not allowed!
    Will you be able to run regular gas too, or will it just be CNG?

Ford trucks and some GM trucks have actually had a factory CNG option for 15 years or more, it just wasn't that popular and I've only seen a few. CNG delivery vehicles also run off of the CNG that they are carrying

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus
    Unless you have a car this is designed to run on e85.
    Even ones designed to run on E85 burn more the regular gas. The flex fuel cars get 5 or more less MPG running E85. Cars designed to run on E85 have much larger fuel injectors and use a lot more of it to get the same performance as regular gas

The biggest problem with converting to E85 is its corrosive so unless you replace you injectors and fuel lines with ones designed for E85 or you going to have problems.

Just the 15% ethanol in regular gas causes problems. It destroys fuel injectors and the stuff is only good for about a month before it breaks down. I hate the stuff because even at 15% it reduces fuel mileage.

29 gallon-planted community

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trillianne

This is true, however the difference is about 3mpg or so, not something to significant.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    http://climate.uvic.ca/people/ewiebe...ine_prices.php

I would think the resale value of modifying your gas tanks would not be a great seller.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    It has the same fuel tank my truck will be a Bi fuel truck. u leave the fuel system alone u just add the cng kit to it. I would not leave my system on the truck if I sold it