Equipment:
Nova Extreme 3' T5HO 78W fixture
Nova Extreme 4' T5HO 108W fixture
CFS 500 filter (polyfiber and sponge for mech filtration only)
Elite Underwater Mini Filter x2 (used for CO2 diffusion)
Glass Drop Checker
DIY CO2 Generator

Substrate:
Soil
Flourite Black Sand

Plants:
Amazon Sword
Anubius nana
Ambulia
Anacharis
Rotala Indica
Star Grass
Pygmy Chain Sword
Alternanthera reineckii 'roseafolia'
Ludwigia Glandulosa​
Nesaea pedicellata 'Golden'
Rotala Wallichii
Myriophyll​um Tuberculat​um
Bacopa Caroliniana
African fern
Java Fern
Java Moss
Peacock Moss

Fish:
Harlequin Rasboras
Swordtail
Platies
Mollies
X-Ray Tetras
Neon Tetras
Cardinal Tetras
Angelfish

I started this tank about 6 months ago and am very pleased with the progress. Nothing was added to the tank between shots but several plants were moved around.

6 months ago:

Now:

I'm sure I'll get yelled at for this but I have not done a single water change since I set the tank up. I don't have any reason to believe that the fish or plants have suffered because of it though. I have purchased several fish that were in pretty bad shape (no color, fins torn, etc.) and the became really healthy and colorful in my tank. In fact, the male kribensis I bought not too long ago was pale as can be with practically no tail fin and now not only does he look wonderful but he recently spawned with the female I had in there. Also, I just noticed today that a couple of large amazon sword leaves were covered in angelfish eggs. I don't think the fish would be so active if they were unhappy with the conditions in there.

Overall, I'd say that for a large tank that I actually get to spend more time looking at than maintaining, I couldn't be happier. I simply need to feed the fish, top off the water when the level gets a bit low, rinse out the filter once a month and replace the co2 mixture every few weeks.