· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a tang in your AC tank - Cliff   

Default baby shrimp food

0 Not allowed!
    i have a pregnant ghost shimp and i was wondering what to feed the babies when they hatch.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thank you for all the advice - Cliff   No Message - Aydreean   Thanks! Here's a shrimp for ya. - Flakes4Bait   Thank you!!! - harpua2002   Merry X-mass, and thanks for the help this past year - Cliff   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by clainbro2
    i have a pregnant ghost shimp and i was wondering what to feed the babies when they hatch.
    Not likely any of the baby shrimp will survive, a lot of different shrimp get lumped into the name "ghost shrimp" by stores, many of these will require brackish water if trying to breed them. Ghost shrimp go through a larval stage will stay really close to the surface of the water and feed off of whatever they can find. No need to target feed them, any mature tank should have enough nutrients for the shrimp in it.

here is some more info on ghost shrimp
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/inv/ghostshrimp.php

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I have like 8 pregnant "ghost shrimp" and I would be really bummed out if nun of them survived. I could get brackish water... But would I have any way of making sure that some will survive?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thank you for all the advice - Cliff   No Message - Aydreean   Thanks! Here's a shrimp for ya. - Flakes4Bait   Thank you!!! - harpua2002   Merry X-mass, and thanks for the help this past year - Cliff   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    I have like 8 pregnant "ghost shrimp" and I would be really bummed out if nun of them survived. I could get brackish water... But would I have any way of making sure that some will survive?
    No way to know for sure. The baby shrimp will go through a larval stage, then eventually grow into their adult form. Adding some floating plants would help, and if the water was a bit brackish.

If you really want to keep a colony of shrimp, try red cherry shrimp. They don't go through a larval stage and show up as miniature versions of the adults. Very prolific breeders.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ok thanks but do they need a heater or the oxygen pump

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ok thanks but do they need a heater or the oxygen pump
    Some sort of water agitation would be good. Though I have kept shrimp in smaller 2g tanks with just an air stone running. I just keep the tanks at room temperature, so don't use heater. Many shrimp have a fairly wide range of temperatures they can be kept at.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ok thank u umm by the way what should all these be
    ammonia .
    nitrite .
    nitrate
    ph .
    And is there anymore of these ^^ I should worry about?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1   and gift - mommy1   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff   Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199   

0 Not allowed!
    Ok thank u umm by the way what should all these be
    ammonia .
    nitrite .
    nitrate
    ph .
    And is there anymore of these ^^ I should worry about?
    Ammonia 0ppm
    Nitrite 0ppm
    Nitrate 0 - 5ppm is ideal, 10 ppm is acceptable but time to do a water change.
    pH varies greatly. My 55 gallon is at 7.6pH and my shrimp tank is at 6.6pH.

No copper allowed for shrimp. Watch medications and fertilizers.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1   and gift - mommy1   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff   Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199   

0 Not allowed!
    While I was looking around the net for different specilized shrimp food for my CRS, I came upon this food for larval stage shrimp which seems to make things easier for the home aquarium.

Read the last paragraph clainbro2. No brackish water needed.

MOSURA SHRIMPTON is a artificial planktonic food suitable shrimps of all stages including shrimp larvae. It composes of high level of micro-encapsulated, spirulina, chlorella and other ingridents. The high stability micro-encapsulated food contains 12 amino acid and high unit of Vitamin C and E. Vitamins C prevent shrimp in shrimps and vitamin E can increase cellular metabolism, thus improve survival rate. Spirulina and chlorella contains high level of protein, minerals, cholorophyll, that promotes increases vatality and promote metabolism. Shrimpton has Unknown Growth Factor on shrimps and shrimplets.

Shrimpton eliminates the need to grow and harvest plankton for shrimps feeding.

It demystifies the need of brackish water to develop some species shrimp larvae in captivity. In most cases, shrimp larvae die in captivity because lack of minute size food. Shrimpton food sizes range from 8um to 200um which is an idea food size for all stage of shrimp larvae.

It is also an ideal food for fan or filter shrimps, Atyopsis species
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ok thanks a lot guys