Thread: Fishing The Thai Way 3.
04-07-2011, 12:09 PM #1
Fishing The Thai Way 3.
Si Chun is at it again with his electrode sticks...but this time he also threw something in the water before hand...at the time I was not sure what it was...they where small soft pebbles...I have learnt since that once they where soaked and reacted with the water they turned into a gas which then suffocated the fish.
1. Si Chun surveys the water.
2. Whats that he has in is hand and is throwing into the water I asked myself.
3. Si Chun shows me.
4. It was dusk and the light was fading quickly...armed with a headlamp and his electrodes Si Chun heads for the water.
04-07-2011, 12:09 PM #2
5. Si Chun waist deep
6. Light is starting to fade
7. Nearly time to go home and check the spoils of the night
04-07-2011, 12:10 PM #3
8. Not bad for an hours fishing
9. Pick of the bunch...
10. A nice Snakehead
Jeff & Wan
04-07-2011, 01:11 PM #4
What he was doing was using caked calcium hydroxide to cause biological shock to the fish.
I know these people are poor so I have no right to judge them, but it seems to me that its not a sustainable method of fishing to destroy habitats. Its likened to explosive fishing and will not benefit them in the long run
04-07-2011, 03:33 PM #5
Poor or not that practice should be eliminated.
What good is it destroy future chances of fishing the same spot.
I think a net would be a better way to get is fish.Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html
04-08-2011, 12:58 AM #6