· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your first! - Algenco   You need some fish...hehe - Mith   Happy Holidays - Northernguy   for the awesome posts - mommy1   Thanks - KingFisher   

Default havent been on in a while (C&C welcome)

0 Not allowed!
    so i havent been around much for the past week, finally got myself a new camera. upgraded to the nikon d7000, and am loving it. ive been busy taking pictures, i figure ill upload some here for some C&C

first one is of a duck flying, almost deleted it off the camera after taking it, but didnt. on the computer i really liked how it had alot of open space

one of the sun peaking out from behind a cloud, love the dynamic colors

another picture that came out looking almost black and white

a pounchy bird i saw a few days ago

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your first! - Algenco   You need some fish...hehe - Mith   Happy Holidays - Northernguy   for the awesome posts - mommy1   Thanks - KingFisher   

0 Not allowed!
    my first time trying out droplet photography

newf, because she is so cute!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    two more birds, cause in case it isnt obvious i LOVE taking pictures of birds

let me know what you guys think!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I like the drops very cool. I wish I had money for a better camera like that.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   for helping me out - smaug   Thanks for the bio-cube advice - Cliff   A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb   How about a Christmas Clown - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    Those are great pictures! I'm glad you didn't delete the duck! Really makes me want to take my camera out when the weather gets nicer! What did you do to take the water droplet pictures? I have wanted to try that ever since I got my camera but i really just don't have the time to set something up!
    My 14 Gallon Reef
    Fish are Friends, not Food

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    @frefal13: the droplet pictures took roughly 20min to set up. i took a t5 lighting system i had and set a clear dish of water on top of it. i have a lamp that has 5 bulbs that you can position yourself. so i took the lamp and bent all the bulbs down to within maybe 3 inches of the top of the water. then i took two t12 light strips and put on on each side of the pan, and i took a small halide lamp i had and bent it around so that it was directly over where i was dropping the water droplets.

on the camera i used a 35 f1.8 lens an put a 36mm extension tube to turn it into a macro lense. set my camera to 7.5 frames a second with a shutter speed of 1/8000 to 1/5000 and started shooting!

thanks to both of you for the compliments!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   for helping me out - smaug   Thanks for the bio-cube advice - Cliff   A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb   How about a Christmas Clown - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like a pretty good set up to me! The pictures show it . I am going to have to try something like that this summer when i have more time.
    My 14 Gallon Reef
    Fish are Friends, not Food

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7   To help you sleep... - Rue   Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7   My turn to buy - fishmommie   Right back at'cha! - KevinVA   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Surfdog   Autism - Surfdog   

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    The droplet photo's are amazing, can't wait to see you turn it loose on your fish!
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid (John Wayne)
    If you're not angry, you are not paying attention (Ralph Nader)
    9 Tanks (2-29G QT) ranging from 150G to 10G for my 1/2 moon Beta
    https://youtu.be/avRN9X77jD4

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1   and gift - mommy1   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff   Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199   

0 Not allowed!
    KatzeSlaugen nice pictures. I really like the sun peaking out from behind the clouds. Awesome colours.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    thank you strider and surfdog! im glad you guys like my photographs!

@frefal: if you want i can take a picture of the setup i use if it would help you out at all with your pictures of droplets, just let me know!

i finally turned it on my fish today, i have another thread with a picture of my cory fry, cute little fellows!

when i get a day where i dont have a lot to do definitely expect some pictures from all my tanks!
    Last edited by KatzeSlaugen; 04-06-2011 at 03:19 AM.