· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    The stand has 2 additional cross members that are unsean on the floor...
    Last edited by Surfdog; 03-28-2011 at 02:50 AM.
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.
    If your not angry, your not paying attention...
    150G Cube FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Bichers/Gourami) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby/Seahorse's/Garden Eels)
    10G Fresh (Beta)
    2 x 29G Breeders (cycling) to be ready for January 15

Smile surfdog's 75

0 Not allowed!
    After visiting 4 LFS I have decided to return my 2 power filters and am instead going with the EHEIM Professionel 3- Ultra G Series G160 rated to 160Gallon tank.
    Surprisingly enough, 3 of the LFS did not even carry EHEIM yet could not help themselves from pushing me in that direction, good honest folks in my opinion.
    So tomorrow, the internal setup begins! Woot, only 6 - 8 weeks till ill have an active, populated tank...
    150G Cube FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Bichers/Gourami) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby/Seahorse's/Garden Eels)
    10G Fresh (Beta)

Default Day 4

0 Not allowed!
    I have started to fill the tank, My base is crushed coral/shells. I like it better than sand and I do not believe I will have issues of dead zones. This base also allows for large hermit crabs that can safely co-exist with my Lion Fish.

Photo0097.jpg

I picked up my EHEIM professional 3 UltraG160. This filter is rated to 160 Gallon Tanks, with a flow rate of 330 GPH.

Photo0098.jpg

I have read some input from various knowledgable folk who's opinions are the EHEIM is over priced and not as good as a 5 series Fluval. I bought the EHEIM none the less as they invented the canister filter, and those whacky, missunderstood Germans really know how to engineer something. I am of the firm belief, you get what you pay for... To be continued...
    10G Fresh (Beta)

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Instead of the hydrometer, I splurged on a refractometer, haden't seen one since High School!

I like easy...
    10G Fresh (Beta)

Talking Surf's 75 Day 5 (I think)

0 Not allowed!
    Wow is all I can say about my EHEIM G160. Absolutely silent! 4 huge media baskets with a 5th polishing on top. Flip a switch (if you don't, won't disconnect) push a button and unit is sealed and disconnected from tank. Gosh I love easy!
    Photo0107.jpg

It fits in the cabinet with plenty of room to spare, and did I mention it is dead silent! LOL, I checked 3 or 4 times to make sure it was running.
    Photo0110.jpg

I have the tank filled. The gravity is 1.02 on the money, and both heaters are heating the tank to a balmy 28C/82F.
    Photo0108.jpg

Honestly, so far so good, it has been alot easier than I remembered from 15 years ago. The ease of setup with today's equipment and the help of so many knowledgable folk here in our community has made this almost a zero effort experience

BTW I am getting a better camera and do apologies for crappy pics
    10G Fresh (Beta)

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Lookin' good!
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Rue
    10G Fresh (Beta)

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Tank is progressing nicely. I am going to add Live rock tomorrow as it is a balmy 28c/82f. Ph 8.2 and salinity 1.023... Rakeing the base material and running my diatom filter to get what I missed, almost crystal clear...

Funny, the smell reminds me of when I lived in the Turks and Caicos Islands (BWI)
    10G Fresh (Beta)

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    And the Live rock is in. I went with 20 LBS Live rock, 50 LBS Quarried coral.

DSCF1240-1.jpg

Only 6 weeks to fish!!!!
    10G Fresh (Beta)

0 Not allowed!
    Looks good.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown