· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Channel Catfish Lost an Eye

0 Not allowed!
    My 4 inch channel cat got attacked by my pike Cichlid (which I just took out) and he ate part of his eye. It looks like he only bit the eyelid and not the entire eye. He is bleeding but the blood isn't going into the water. What should I do, and will his eye ever grow back? Also will he be able to eat swim etc?

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    He has a new name,Winky the one eyed wonder cat. Eyes don't grow back. He will be fine with one eye just as you I or any other critter would be. Keep up with good water keeping and xtra water changes till it looks healed overm a qt tank with some melafix would help a lot.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have a yellow tang that lost an eye to a long-spined urchin. It is doing fine. Don't worry too much about the fish but keep a close eye on him (I could not resist) as infection is a possibility.
    100g Reef

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Agreed. Fish don't have eyelids, so the damage you see is likely tot the eye itself - that doesn't grow back. But like everyone said - the good news is this is in an aquarium, where missing an eye is not nearly as big of a deal as it would be in the wild. And better yet, it is a channel cat, where eyes are a minor part of detecting food, movement, etc.
    Support your local ichthyofauna - buy a fishing license!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i had a fish that lost an eye..he was fine for about 4 days...died today!

0 Not allowed!
    Post a pic, There are plenty of experienced people that will be able to give you more information on what to expect.

It's worth a 1000 words.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My catfish just died. I don't know why?? Maybe the pike killed him?? Thanks for all the advice though.

0 Not allowed!
    Surely you have pictures of the two of them together in your 55g, It would be the perfect memorial.

Post the turtle pictures also please, I would certainly like to see that.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.