· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default My clown loaches got ICH

0 Not allowed!
    Hi all, I'm new here and name is Michael.

Got 3 clown loaches last friday, only a week ago, now one of them is showing slight signs of white spot, other two are looking fine, all of them look and act healthy.

Went into fish shop today and got this medicine called BLUE CIRCLE, was told it was 100% for full strength dosage and it is not toxic for clown loaches, neon tetras and bristlenose catfish.

The white spot is showing on some of my neon tetras and bristlenose as well, max. I've seen on a fish is 3.

So anyway I put the medicine in my tank this morning, was wondering if I should continue to feed my fishes as normal.

Thanks for any help.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    They probably won't eat but you can try some. Generally ick meds for loaches you can only use half doses so hope this stuff doesn't make them ill. Loaches are prone to ick and they probably got it from the stress of a new home.

Remove carbon if using it.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the reply.

I've actually just fed them before I saw your reply, the fish all ate like normal, same with the loaches they came out for their share of the bloodworms.

Still quite shy though, they would hide in the back of the tank most of the day and come out at night to explore around the tank and find food, when I walk up to the tank they would go hide, but if I stay still they would come out again very shortly, or I can just slowly sneak up to the tank and they would continue to do whatever they are doing.

Funny thing is only one of the 3 has a few white spots, can't see any in the other two, did look at the gills carefully, they are all healthy and active and seem unaffected by the medicine.

More advise appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Now that I can see that you have loaches in an uncycled tank I can understand why they have ick. When they are stressed their immune system gets weakend and this parasite will invade them.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    You've probably seen my other thread, the tank is actually 7 months old.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    It may be 7 months old but apparently it isn't cycled or you wouldn't have this ammonia spike. Did you happen to just do a huge cleaning of the tank? Perhaps that killed your bioload.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    No huge cleaning was done.

Though I did start to change my water 15% weekly, rather than 24% fornightly 3 weeks ago, started doing this because it seems to be a better water change schedule and less stressful on the fish.

One reason I can think of, is that the sponge in my internal Eheim filter is getting too old, replaced it today with a new one, in fact its the first replacement sponge since the tank started 7 months ago, probably LONG overdue.

Another annoying thing is there are alot of hard green spot algae on my leaves, might have to cut some leaves off as they are covered in green algae.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    You can't let the outside light hit your tank. That will do it in a hurry.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Tank isn't near window, though it's in the lounge and the lounge can be fairly sunny sometimes, but most days curtains are closely as we are all at school or work.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for all the help here - Lady Hobbs   good poster/good information/helpful - Lady Hobbs   Drink up! - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by zqia014
    No huge cleaning was done.

Though I did start to change my water 15% weekly, rather than 24% fornightly 3 weeks ago, started doing this because it seems to be a better water change schedule and less stressful on the fish.

One reason I can think of, is that the sponge in my internal Eheim filter is getting too old, replaced it today with a new one, in fact its the first replacement sponge since the tank started 7 months ago, probably LONG overdue.

Another annoying thing is there are alot of hard green spot algae on my leaves, might have to cut some leaves off as they are covered in green algae.
    There is usually no need to replace the sponges as long as the filter has been operational the entire time. In fact, replacing them will usually do more harm than good. It should only be cleaned as needed, carefully, in water from the tank as not to damage the bacteria.

If you replace all of your filtermedia at once, the tank will have to be cycled again.

If this is the tank with the high ammonia readings, I would cut down on feeding.
    Last edited by dev; 07-13-2007 at 08:24 AM.