· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Help ID Rainbow In Vid

0 Not allowed!
    bought two of these rainbows yesterday and cant seem to ID them nothing

110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

Awards Showcase

No Message - Abbeys_Mom Please accept this as a token of my appreciation - crackatinny Merry X-mas - NorthernBoy For being a great poster from Hobbs - hobbs thank you so much!!!  you're awesome!  here's some champagne!  i know, you can't drink it!!  lololol - jeffs99dime 
    A rose for you, just for being you....all Moms deserve flowers! - kimmers318 Back at ya! - hobbs Sorry I beat your Tetris record :D - Chrona You need some good luck! - Lady Hobbs That one might not be enough!! - Lady Hobbs 
    candy, little girl? - Lady Hobbs Happy Mothers Day! - Drumachine09 A Birthday drink - crackatinny WELCOME BACK! - Lady Hobbs Happy B-day, and thank you for the cake! - DemonShark 
    For your new tank - Northernguy Have another! - Northernguy 
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Abbeys_Mom Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Abbeys_Mom Childhood Cancer - Abbeys_Mom Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Abbeys_Mom 

0 Not allowed!
    Boeseman's Rainbowfish or Bicolor Rainbow
    same fish, 2 names

Oops! you meant the ones with the stripes!
    Greatest Guitar Forum Ever
    www.thestringnetwork.com

Awards Showcase

No Message - Abbeys_Mom Please accept this as a token of my appreciation - crackatinny Merry X-mas - NorthernBoy For being a great poster from Hobbs - hobbs thank you so much!!!  you're awesome!  here's some champagne!  i know, you can't drink it!!  lololol - jeffs99dime 
    A rose for you, just for being you....all Moms deserve flowers! - kimmers318 Back at ya! - hobbs Sorry I beat your Tetris record :D - Chrona You need some good luck! - Lady Hobbs That one might not be enough!! - Lady Hobbs 
    candy, little girl? - Lady Hobbs Happy Mothers Day! - Drumachine09 A Birthday drink - crackatinny WELCOME BACK! - Lady Hobbs Happy B-day, and thank you for the cake! - DemonShark 
    For your new tank - Northernguy Have another! - Northernguy 
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Abbeys_Mom Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Abbeys_Mom Childhood Cancer - Abbeys_Mom Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Abbeys_Mom 

0 Not allowed!
    The striped ones look like Banded Rainbows.
    Greatest Guitar Forum Ever
    www.thestringnetwork.com

0 Not allowed!
    My first thought was female boesemani but now not sure at all. And my favorite rainbow site that identifies them all has a dead link.

I wonder if it's an Australian splendid but not all the way into color yet. They act very nuts.

Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 03-06-2011 at 11:44 PM.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    My first thought was female boesemani but now not sure at all. And my favorite rainbow site that identifies them all has a dead link.

I wonder if it's an Australian splendid but not all the way into color yet. They act very nuts.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...h/splendia.jpg
    Is that yours ? im thinkning it may be one of those ! they did seem kind of dull at the LFS and have not really changed much in my tank. I got them because i seem the one in you pic at a dentist office and knew he wasnt a boe and when i was looking at the rainbows at the lfs those where the only two that looked like that so i got them. hopefully when i re enter my driftwood and plant the tank their colors will come out like that . Those stripes on the tail are exactly who they look on mine not too sure if you can see it in the vid.
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

0 Not allowed!
    Common on the market. Check the Australian in this link. Colored more like yours.

http://www.tropicalfishandaquariums....fish/index.asp

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    my guess is a Trifasciata green phase Rainbow.

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think so. The Trifasciata has a black band running down his side and a definite greenish coloration. (Banded rainbow)

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/rainbowfish/banded.php

I saw the Australian at PetSmart yesterday. Same thing as the OP's.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    the species to which I am referring is a completely different form of trifasciata. It is very akin to the australian rainbow. The one you list is a Goyder River rainbow, I believe. But, I may be wrong..... I'm dying to know myself, now.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like a Male Yellow (Axelrodi) Rainbow