· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Looks great Cliff! Congratulations on having such nice tanks.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

0 Not allowed!
    I had a little set back this week. After 8 months of being in the tank and staying right were I put him, the sebae anemone decided one night that he would move over one foot to the left to sit right beside the clam. That poor clam did not stand a chance and he did not survive. The only thing that is changed is the behaviour of the clown fish. As they are beginning to mature, they have started to fight it out to determine dominance (who will be the female) so they have been a lot rougher on the anemone. Im guessing the stress of that made him move. He is still moving around a little, but sticking to the same little area as that is the only spot with the moderate flow these guys typically like. I did move a bunch of corals to the other side of the tank to be safe.

From now on, its nothing but carpet anemones for me.

But we did find some magician pallys yesterday. Ive been waiting a while for our SW LFS to get some in and they finally did. Once we get the new tank set-up, these pallys will be moved in there.

I also got a dosing pump for this tank as well. Ive been running into the same problems keeping the dKH and the Cal stable as we keep adding more and more corals and as the coralline continue to grow.

And a FTS

If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Man, sorry to hear about your clam, though it's good to hear everything else is fine so far. Looking great, despite the loss.
    كل نفس ذائقة الموت ثم الينا ترجعون

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry about the clam that kinda blows and yea I guess lesson learned lol stick with carpets

Tank looks fantastic though and hopefully the doser pumps can keep things stable for ya
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Looks really good Cliff, sorry about your luck with those d**n anemones!
    20gal long planted community

0 Not allowed!
    Not that I have re-homed the emerald crabs that were living in the live rock compartment of the sump, Im trying a few different macro algaes. About two weeks ago, I got a small pc of Caulerpa sertularioides and it looks like it is doing well in the sump. At least I hope it is Caulerpa sertularioides as this macro algae can easily be mistaken for a few different types of more common macro algaes (like Caulerpa Mexicana or Caulerpa taxifolia AKA killer algae). You cant really be sure until it starts to grow and take hold in a tank. Its about inch tall right now

I also got a nice pc of red Centroceras clavulatum. As with most marco algaes, it can be hard to properly identify them until they grow and spread. Im hoping this will not turn out to be more red fuzz algae (Asparagopsis taxiformis). I want to try something a little different this time.

Im managing to keep my nitrate just a touch below 1 ppm so there should be just enough nitrates in the water for some macro algae to grow and hopefully thrive. All the other macro algeas that I have tried in the past became lunch for either a crab or a tang. Hopefully Im going to be successful in the long term this time.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    And as an added surprise, I found what looks like green star polyps growing on the rock in the sump as well. Im a little at a loss to explain were this little guy can from, or how he got in the sump, but it sure is nice to see him there just the same.

And of course a FTS

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Really nice looking tank you got there cliff
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff as always your tank is gorgeous... looks fantastic! It's really a great reflection of how well you take care of your systems
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    My feather macro algae (Caulerpa Sertularioides ) seams do be doing good. It is now ~1 inch in size and is sending out runners. I looks like it is close to having doubled in size over the past two weeks.

The red hair marco algae (Centroceras Clavulatum) seams to be doing OK as well. It is growing slower but I have noticed growth.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast