· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys

I'm still working on my stocking list for this tank. I really getting excite about having a second SW set-up
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    Looking forward this one too! lol
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Can't wait to see the build Cliff

0 Not allowed!
    Here’s a pic of the 120 gallon tank I found a great deal on, which really started the process for me.

The first thing we did was to decide what type of reef that we wanted. After my wife and I talked it over, we want to set-up a LPS and soft coral tank with a very light stocking of fish,

The 120 gallon tank that I bought is a 4’ X 2’ X 2’ tank. It’s euro braced across the top so there is no center brace to get in the way and I wanted a open top tank to begin with so I don’t need the brace to hold a lid. It also has internal overflow in the corner and the bottom of it is drilled for a 1.5” bulkhead flange. I needed a 1.5” drain line to get around 1500 to 1600 gph for the drain line. The back glass is also drilled for a 1” bulkhead flange which I also needed for the correctly sized return line. The tank also had a pc of black acrylic glue to it and the internal overflow box which I like better than trying to attach a background or using paint.

The first thing I did was get all of my equipment together, or at least decide on the equipment I was going to use if I could not afford to buy it right away. The equipment choices were based on the type of set-up the wife and I wanted. That was easy for me as we figured we wanted set-up with a sump

The equipment I decided on was:
    Vertex IN180 skimmer
    Tunze and Korilla power heads
    Aquatic life 4 bulb T5HO fixture
    Hagan 2 bulb T5HO fixture (I had both fixtures in the closet so I used them)
    Quite one 6000 return pump (or my aquaglobe 9000)
    Vertex UF-20 reactor
    Two Aquatherm 300 watt titanium heaters

Once I had all the equipment decided upon the next step was to build the sump. Based on all of my equipment, I felt the best option for a sump would be to use a standard 55 gallon tank. I thought that would be the biggest sized tank I could use and still fit it under the main tank.

Below is the link to my sump build

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=76636
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    I also spent some time looking at tank pics with my wife so we knew what type of look that we wanted. With that in mind, I picked out the rock. We wanted some really flat pcs for shelf structures for corals. The SW LFS got in a few shipments of rock during the time I was looking so I was able to go through a lot of rock to find pcs that would go with the look we wanted. I did this over a 2 month period while working on the set-up.

Now that I’ve got everything I’ll need, I’ve started building the stand. Hopefully I’ll be able to finish it this weekend

0 Not allowed!
    Very cool man! Just can't wait to see this one come alive again!
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Wow Cliff, looking good so far... I had a heck of a time finding flat rock, those pieces look great! Lookin forward to your endeavors...
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.
    If your not angry, your not paying attention...
    150G Cube FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Bichers/Gourami) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby/Seahorse's/Garden Eels)
    10G Fresh (Beta)
    2 x 29G Breeders (cycling) to be ready for January 15

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys

Hopefully we will get good weather so I can finish the stand build this weekend. Right now its the only thing holding my back from setting up the tank and sump and starting to cycle it.

0 Not allowed!
    As we had really nice weather today I decided to finish building my stand

I framed it with 2 X 4”, gluing and screwing it together. I then used oak vainer boards to finish the outside of the stand and build the cabinet doors. I added a third door on one end of the stand so I can add or remove the sump easily should I ever need to do that.

Now I just have to apply a several coats of urethane, mount the doors, and I’m ready to set-up everything

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    I'm able to take delivery any weekend Cliff.

Seriously, nice work on that stand and your tank is making me want to spend some money. Keep the pic's coming.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.