· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks KingFisher
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    tank is looking awesome bud!!
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    looks awesome Cliff, can't wait to see it with the LEDs

29 gallon-planted community

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Guys

I can hardley wait for the LEDs to get here. I just found out they are backordered so I'm going to have to wait a few extra weeks

At least I can take my time building the canopy
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff
    Thanks Guys

I can hardley wait for the LEDs to get here. I just found out they are backordered so I'm going to have to wait a few extra weeks

At least I can take my time building the canopy

I know what you mean, we had the same situation, we ordered ours almost 2 weeks ago. They were suppose to be here tomorrow but now its moved it Wednesday according to the tracking number. The wait is killing me, lol.

29 gallon-planted community

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    That is one clean looking tank Cliff.

Question; back some thirty years ago my saltwater tank had a layer of algae on the bottom which I thought was a healthy sign. I have noticed that s/w tank pic's I see on this site don't have that carpet on the crushed coral floor.
    Was having a carpet of algae a bad thing? It was a deep green with some purple in it if I remember correctly.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

0 Not allowed!
    From what I understand, back in the day crushed coral was used to help regulate PH and Cal. Now that live rock is common place (and will also do the same things) using crushed coral is not that popular anymore. It still is used tho in systems with no live rock and filters for bio-filtration.

There’s nothing really wrong with algae as it will help keep the parameters good. Most of it just doesn't look good and can cover corals (killing them)

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    I had a few pieces of live coral and I made sure to keep the coral clear of the algae. It was a pain in the uknowwhat, which is why I asked the question about all these clean tanks I see pictures of.
    Thanks Cliff, again..Nice tank!
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

0 Not allowed!
    I never thought I would be doing this, but today I got a pair of black snowflake clowns and a sable anemone (Heteractis malu). When I wife and I went to the SW LFS today to get a new powerhead, we saw the pair in one of there display tanks and we fell in love with them. As they were already hosting in the sable anemone, I figured why break up a perfectly good set. After making some room in the tank, I found a good spot for the anemone. He is getting settled in right now.

I have to clowns in my 10 gallon QT tank right now. They are really active and eating OK right now.

Once I figure out how to use this new camera of mine, I’ll post some pics

I also found out that my LEDs should be here in about two weeks

After all that excitment, I forgot to get my replacement powerhead

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    New additions are always funn!
    I can't wait to see pics of the new additions
    My 14 Gallon Reef
    Fish are Friends, not Food

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast