· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I also moved the plate coral up on the same rock shelf. I did that a few days ago and they have been really happy ever since. It’s amazing how moving a coral 10” can make such a big difference

And a few more pics

If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    And a quick video. Its really cool to see the tentacles from the plate corals waving back and forth.

If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Ace, got an email from youtube to say you'd uploaded a vid.

Tanks looking quality.

Used to try and keep track of my fish here.....

Ran out of room and time!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)

0 Not allowed!
    Tank looks absolutely fantastic!!! What r the two wavy corals next to eachother in the first picture? I know you said one of them is a plate coral but which one is that and what's the other one??
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    They are both plate corals, just a little different colors and one is much younger. That's how I am able to get away having them touching each other with them killing each other.

0 Not allowed!
    Gotcha gotcha very cool man! Think I have another coral to add to my "wanted coral list" lol

Tank looks great man!
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Those are really cool. But just a heads up.... Fungia really should be on the sand. They are motile (able to move) and if they fall will be very easily injured. They also prefer low flow. You should also place them where they can't reach other corals. They won't sting each other but can do considerable damage to other corals.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys

And thanks Gem. I'll keep a close eye on there guys. Just making room for my red carpet anemone

0 Not allowed!
    Yesterday evening I assembled the new skimmer and put it in the sump. It was really easy to assemble seeing as how I got a practice run while going through airport security yesterday. It’s a Skimz SK181. After 24 hours of breaking in, it is already pulling crud out of the water and I have both valves wide open. Defiantly a very good first impression so I’m really interested to see how this skimmer is going to work after one week or so.

After 24 hours of breaking in, it is already pulling crud out of the water and I have both valves wide open. Defiantly a very good first impression so I’m really interested to see how this skimmer is going to work after one week or so.

0 Not allowed!
    I also picked up my red carpet anemone today. He is a red Stichodactyla haddoni carpet anemone. After drip acclimating him it took me about 5 minutes to place him on the substrate. This guy’s tentacles were so darn sticky I had one heck of a time getting him off my gloves. Thank goodness I was wearing glove when I was handling him. He has now moved into a different spot so I’m hoping he has already found a place he likes and will soon dig his foot into the substrate and stay put.. As soon as he settles in, I want to get two clown fish and maybe move the brain corals up to this tank if there is going to be room for them once this anemone reaches his full grown size.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast