· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfraser05
    Really really really loving the wave effect. Any chance of some more details/pics/vids of exactly how that works???
    The wave box that I bought is really easy to set-up and operate. I bought the below one;

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/revi...ct=464&cat=500.

You fist place the wave box in the tank so the top of the box is about 1” above the water line. One of the corners is the best spot if you have the room. It mounts on the glass with a very strong magnet that can be used on 5/8” thick glass.

You then plug in the controller and adjust the wave frequency / Pulse knob all the way to the left. You have to also place the light sensor under your tank light somewhere so the wave box will only come on when your lights are on. This way the wave box will not come on during the night (or when the lights are out) making it more natural.

Take the power supply and set it to the highest setting and connect the power supply to the wavebox

Next you just have to keep adjusting the frequency / pulse knob on the controller until you get a good wave in the tank. Each tank is different so you have to find the right frequency for your tank. You can now go back and lower the wattage setting on the power supply if you want to decrease the strength of the wave.

I really like using this wave box as (IMO) they work better than just controllable power heads do. I friend of mine is currently using 4 controllable powerheads and she will not get a good wave like I do with one wavebox and one powerhead. The difference (IMO) is that the wave box draws water from the top of the box bringing it down to the pump at the bottom and then pulsing it out of the box through the pump at the bottom. Also, you can add an additional controllable powerhead to the wave box controller which will also pulse the powerhead just like the wave box adding even more strength to the wave. I used the below powerhead in my set-up

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/revi...ct=467&cat=500
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Ace!!!!

I will defo look into getting one. I did look at these before but they are V expensive in the UK :(
    Used to try and keep track of my fish here.....

Ran out of room and time!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)

0 Not allowed!
    The second noisiest part of the sump was listening to the water fall from the first to the second compartment as there is 5” of height difference. I bought three sponge filters for a FX5 and placed them vertically in between the baffles. These sponges are course enough to not restrict the water flow and completely eliminated the noise. I wasn’t too keen on uses sponges in the sump as they will have to be removed and cleaned really well each week. I still figured it would be worth a try and see how well it works. I also just added the bio-beeds to the reactor as well.

When we are at the SW LFS this weekend, they had some nice corals we could not pass up on. I got a purple/blue Duncan colony and a red/purple-ish hammer coral. I also moved another frag of green star polyp and some more of the glove polyps.

If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    And now for a few full tank shots. As these were taken shortly after I acclimated the corals, there is only one light bulb on so nun of the corals are fully extended.

Last edited by Cliff; 06-13-2011 at 03:36 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    Wow man the tank is looking absolutely amazing!!! Jealous of the new coral purchases haha I need to stop up at my LFS and scoop up a hammer or a frogspawn to replace the one I lost. Your hammer looks great! Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's all the way open!
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    I love hammers, still never bought one yet though lmao

Cliff, I can't get over how tiny your regal tank looks!!!!
    Used to try and keep track of my fish here.....

Ran out of room and time!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Chris.

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Looking good! Very very good!

*jealous*
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

0 Not allowed!
    LOL, Thanks Rue

0 Not allowed!
    Not too much of a up-date today. Other than my skimmer is still not working the way it should so I had to order another one. I also picked up a pretty nice looking torch coral with purple tentacles that have green tips. It looks really good when the wave maker comes on. He’s only been in the tank since late last night so he’s not fully extended yet

I also move some of my clove polyps into this tank. As those glove polyps grow at an amazing rate, I’m sure I’ll have a ton of them soon. You can’t really see the orange strips and green centers very well in the pics.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast