· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walmart bulbs

Default Walmart bulbs

0 Not allowed!
    I bought a package 2 weeks ago - have been keeping them in a bowl of water - none have started sprouting. I am assuming something should have happened by now? Is it worth it to write to the company and get fresh plants or should I not bother based upon their longevity?

Arrow

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by andreahp
    I bought a package 2 weeks ago - have been keeping them in a bowl of water - none have started sprouting. I am assuming something should have happened by now? Is it worth it to write to the company and get fresh plants or should I not bother based upon their longevity?
    I have had some of those same bulbs in two of my tanks for about the same period, I am not seeing much but I am letting them ride for a good while longer.

Put them in your tank [a bowl of water has no lighting, or nutrients] and keep waiting & waiting...

If they do not take off after another month or so - send them back to the company w receipt and they will send you mas replacement bulbs.

You have nothing to lose by waiting.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    can u call/email the company - I think u sugested that
    i guess u can't return them now - what types of bulbs are they?
    How To Do Fish Surgery
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=74480

When 'How to do Fish Surgery' gets 1000 views do I get a prize?!!!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I bought some from there once. I had them in my tank for two or three months and they never did anything

Lightbulb

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkarter
    I bought some from there once. I had them in my tank for two or three months and they never did anything
    You should have sent them back - They have a guarantee right on the package.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    Never tried them because the Walmart near me doesn't have them but I have read out of every package of them, you just might get one or two that actually live to grow.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 850R
    I have had some of those same bulbs in two of my tanks for about the same period, I am not seeing much but I am letting them ride for a good while longer.

Put them in your tank [a bowl of water has no lighting, or nutrients] and keep waiting & waiting...

If they do not take off after another month or so - send them back to the company w receipt and they will send you mas replacement bulbs.

You have nothing to lose by waiting.
    I guess I could drop them into my tank but I was afraid of leaving them in there for a whole month - in case of rotting didn't want higher nitrates, plus only one of them sank to the bottom - maybe now that they've been soaking they'll all drop. The package said to notify them if nothing happens in a month so I will drop them into the tank for 2 weeks. I figure even if I have to request replacement plants at least I'll have free plants for as long as they last.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I bought 2 packages last summer, and one from each pack grew..but I didn't send them back, I put the 2 back in one package and got my money back..for one package..
    55 Gallon...3 Peppered Corys
    ...4 Panda Corys
    ...6 Glo-light Tetras
    ...3 White clouds
    ...1 Female Guppy
    ...6 Marbled Hatchets
    ...1 Bristle Nose

10 Gallon...2 Baby Peppered Corys
    ... 2 Male Guppys

Question

0 Not allowed!
    The package said to notify them if nothing happens in a month so I will drop them into the tank for 2 weeks.
    I guess I could drop them into my tank but I was afraid of leaving them in there for a whole month
    How can you reasonably expect results when you do not follow the instructions given? That makes absolutely no sense IMO.
    I think you should allow them at least the time prescribed in the proper environment before you consider them returnable.

Btw, They don't always sink immediately.

0 Not allowed!
    Most of those 'mystery' bulbs that come in packages like that are Aponogeton species in their resting phase. A lot are hybrids, but if you're lucky, an A. ulvaceus will be one of your bulbs, and it is a gorgeous plant. They grow lightening fast.

Also in the package are water lily bulbs, which are rounded. They could be a temperate or tropical species; no way to tell unless it sprouts.

Either way, you just lay the bulbs on the substrate, leave them there at least six weeks. If you're lucky you'll have one or two sprout.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go