· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: feeding neons

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've been feeding my Neons with micro-flakes intended for raising second-stage fry.
    They prefer it to small-sized normal flakes.
    Currently: Spotted Blue-eyes, two species of Australian shrimp, Ornate Rainbowfish, Guppies, Corydoras, goldfish.

2. Default feeding neons

0 Not allowed!
    The tetra food I mentioned is flake food they still are not eating it all.Will try a cory to see if that helps.Any suggestions on a different food?
    Thanks for all of the responses.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by realdeal38
    The tetra food I mentioned is flake food they still are not eating it all.Will try a cory to see if that helps.Any suggestions on a different food?
    Thanks for all of the responses.
    Do you mean that they are not eating everything, or that they are not eating anything at all?

If they just don't eat everything, you should simply feed them less. They don't require much. Evene one flake of normal size TetraMin per day would be enough to sustain 5 neons.

If they are not interested in the food at all, you need to look for a problem with your tank. Neons should always be very interested in any food.

Oh, and please don't get just one cory, they are not happy on their own.
    Last edited by dev; 07-12-2007 at 03:01 PM.

4. Default feeding neons

0 Not allowed!
    They only eat a little I only give them a few crumbs at most but they don't eat it all.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by realdeal38
    They only eat a little I only give them a few crumbs at most but they don't eat it all.
    Just give them a little less. They usually don't like to eat from the bottom. You could even try feeding them one flake at a time.

There is no need to change food. Your neon tetras should simply love tetramin (it IS tetramin you are giving them, right?)

If you get a few corydoras, they will happily eat anything that falls down.

Ah yes, since you have been overfeeding a little, you might want to check your ammonia and nitrite levels. Just to be on the safe side.
    Last edited by dev; 07-12-2007 at 03:10 PM.

Awards Showcase

You need gifts. Have a cookie! - Drumachine09 Good luck with your fishie - RobbieG Loving what you bring to the forum. Hope you are a long-term friend here! - gm72 For being you - Nick_Pavlovski Whatever yu want it to be - crackatinny 
    For helping us out and being a GREAT member! - gm72 I love you! - Over Actor Your my hero.....Kinda.....(^: - Kuli_Loach For the help with the coconut! - the P its about time i gave you a gift too! - cocoa_pleco 
    Let's celebrate Chica...maybe you can help make the favors - **AquaQueen** You do great work! - Lady Hobbs who doesn't want a cupcake? lol - tropfish Thanks for being as sweet as this Kiss to me...your a good friend! - **AquaQueen** I'm baking today and figured I'd share with my GF....Hope ya like choco-chip w/nuts - **AquaQueen** 
    For Your Daughter...she will like this better...No Milk! - **AquaQueen** Drink up! - Nick_Pavlovski Thanks for being so nice! - Bill M. Good Luck in the tiebreaker! - RobbieG thanks for adding me as a buddy! - *Sarah* 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MeganL3985 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MeganL3985 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MeganL3985 Gay and Lesbian Pride - MeganL3985 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MeganL3985 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MeganL3985 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MeganL3985 

0 Not allowed!
    My neons are always hungry it seems. I would check the water or feed less food as well.