· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pleco ID

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift!Welcome to the AC! - northernguy   Your little fish looked lonley, here's some company - Brookfish   Heres a drink for ya to help you relax after taking care of your tank tonite! - CassieLEO   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cassandra   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Cassandra   

Default Pleco ID

0 Not allowed!
    Can you guys help me id Count Chocula? Not sure if he is just a standard pleco or what. Thanks!

You can never have too many wheelbarrows.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Goldfish people need goldfish gifts! - Xavier   For being a concerned owner. I hope your pleco is going to be ok. - gabbyguppy   Great job on the surgery. - MCHRKiller   Good job with Peru! - johndoe222   Thank you for all the nice comments - Sirex   

0 Not allowed!
    humm i thought for a second it was a common (sail fin), but in the top fin the brown & black looks like lines & not spot's...but maybe thats just how the top part of the fin looks...now im not sure...maybe it still is?

im someone else will check it out soon too

maybe check this out...gold spot pleco
    http://www.plecoplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1598
    Last edited by jessfish; 02-23-2011 at 06:38 PM.
    How To Do Fish Surgery
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=74480

When 'How to do Fish Surgery' gets 1000 views do I get a prize?!!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift!Welcome to the AC! - northernguy   Your little fish looked lonley, here's some company - Brookfish   Heres a drink for ya to help you relax after taking care of your tank tonite! - CassieLEO   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cassandra   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Cassandra   

0 Not allowed!
    thats what has me confused too. his top fin and tail fin both have stripes instead of spots.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Goldfish people need goldfish gifts! - Xavier   For being a concerned owner. I hope your pleco is going to be ok. - gabbyguppy   Great job on the surgery. - MCHRKiller   Good job with Peru! - johndoe222   Thank you for all the nice comments - Sirex   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra
    thats what has me confused too. his top fin and tail fin both have stripes instead of spots.

did you check out the gold spot pleco link...i edited so not sure if u saw that yet...but that could be it?
    the gold spot has same type body & spots but the top fin is still diff
    How To Do Fish Surgery
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=74480

When 'How to do Fish Surgery' gets 1000 views do I get a prize?!!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    yeah I saw it thank you for posting it
    the one in the link looks very similar, and I do see that many of the spots can run together and look like splotches.
    Im just not sure if that is the same thing though. Im gonna keep looking. Thanks!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You found the pleco! - Brhino   

0 Not allowed!
    ill copy your picture and ask a guy i know on a nother forum all he deals with is plecos, breeds and sells them. he has helped me on several id's of plecos, ill get back to ya
    55 Gallon Tank:
    Fish: 4 Blue Gourami| 2 Yoyo Loaches | 6 trillineaus cories| 6 jullis |3 Unknown Cichlids| 2 spotted raphael catfish| 1 Gold fish
    Plants: None.
    Substrate: Flourite
    Filtration: Rena Filstar XP2, FLuval FX5 (seeding for the 75 gallon tank)

__________________________________________________ ____________
    75 Gallon: Work in progress

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Cool thanks!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed a golfish :) - Xavier   Here's a Betta that will stay healthy - gabbyguppy   thanks for the betta :D - Cyberra   Expert Elodea Growth Guesser! - Brhino   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - lotus flower   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - lotus flower   Gay and Lesbian Pride - lotus flower   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - lotus flower   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - lotus flower   

0 Not allowed!
    Count Chocula? *ROLLS ON THE FLOOR AND DIES LAUGHING*

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    It was my husband's idea. I thought it was a good choice.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

couldn't find snow and ice gifts - Lady Hobbs   burrrrrrr - Lady Hobbs   please post pics of your 10 hejuta. not many people on the forum are keeping nice predators like those. - Crispy   So sorry about your critters! :( - Rue   you are severely low on penguins :P - genocidex   

0 Not allowed!
    Definately a sailfin,as there are lined and spotted varieties.