· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug 
    Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne 
    Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai 
    Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog Cheers - Cliff Merry Christmas! - Plecos 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

Default Old eyes; bifocal question

0 Not allowed!
    I was just wondering if anyone on AC (young OR old ) has issues with bifocals/progressives and eyestrain...

It seems like I haven't been able to see 'properly' for ~4 years now...I'm on my 2nd pair...

I'm wondering if it might be better to just go with 2 sets of glasses...one for reading and one for driving...but am wondering if I'd end up need a mid-range pair of glasses as well?

I do have a pair of reading glasses...but I think they made the range too short for them to be practical...I asked for 3 feet...and I got about 18"...

Can't seem to wear contacts anymore either...eyes are too dry, and bifocal contacts aren't working well...waiting for something new to come along.

Not a surgery candidate at this point in time either.

But I can't stand this 'not seeing' properly business.
    Last edited by Rue; 02-20-2011 at 10:04 PM.
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

0 Not allowed!
    Don't know kiddo. I have tri-focals and had the same ones for 10 years. So hate to lay down around $400 for new ones but I am way over due.

Awards Showcase

thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug 
    Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne 
    Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai 
    Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog Cheers - Cliff Merry Christmas! - Plecos 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    I don't mind wearing glasses...but I hate not being in focus all the time...

If it's been 10 years...time for a new pair! It's a lot of money...but since they become part of your face, I say it's worth it!

0 Not allowed!
    I may be 14 but I'm nearly legally blind. The first set of glasses I got were bifocals and I hated them. I couldn't understand how people wore them. Then I went to regular glasses then contacts. I have dry eyes to but I carry around a dropper full of contact solution. If I were you I'd go to the double pair of glasses. And what kinda insurance you got? I have never heard of a $400 set of glasses. The most I ever payed was $125.

0 Not allowed!
    LH, just find yourself some sexy hot frames and tint the lenses a provocative color, and you'll be the talk of the town, LOL!

-- mermaid
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I am legally blind too...without corrective lenses...probably have the same type of eyes you do...yay for us!

Be happy you only pay $125 OR $400...my last pair of glasses were about $900 9and that's just what they cost around here...nothing special or fancy). Just paid for new glasses for my 2 of my kids...about $650 (single lenses).

I'm not due for new glasses quite yet...just looking into my options...can't stand the strain anymore.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe
    LH, just find yourself some sexy hot frames and tint the lenses a provocative color, and you'll be the talk of the town, LOL!

-- mermaid
    Hobbs will be smokin'!

Awards Showcase

Good luck with the community tank!  You WILL post pics when it's up and running!  Welcome to AC BTW - Mith for ur tank ! welcome to AC ! - Neon im not a good hug'er - rookie Grats on the fry! - Northernguy To go with your beer!  Thanks for the help! - dragoonwoman 
    Thanks for playing Mafia! - Agassizii Happy Holidays - Northernguy Hey!  I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!!! - Mith Welcome to AC. - Brookfish For your pancake bunny - Cliff 
    aww thanks LOL  (Mith welling up with tears) LOL - Mith For all your help and patience!!!!! - fish00053 That was the greatist thing ever - Pele A new cory for your 10 gallon - Cliff For the É help - Rue 
    Dude that's the funniest signature I've seen on this site. Have a beer. - harpua2002 A piece of cake to thank everybody that posted in my anniversary thread for their kind words. - gadget228 For getting too close to pleco's breeding rabbits. - gadget228 Awesome sig, make me chuckle :) - FinalJenemba Merry Xmas! Hope U have a good one! Thanks for all the DIY help! :) - Mrs.JayMay23 

0 Not allowed!
    Anyone hear about the new electronic bifocals? I think they have like a little button on the side to switch between the settings. still in R&D, but pretty cool none the less.
    Who is "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard drive?

0 Not allowed!
    If you can afford it, and you can find a dispensing optician, make an appointment with one, after your Ophthalmologist or Optometrist checks your eyes and gives you your new prescription. Opticians are trained in lenses and helping after the diagnosis.

It may be that you need three sets of glasses.
    Reading, computer work, and driving.

Walmart has progressive glasses starting at $89.00 in my area. That's a $9.00 frame and plain lenses. Photo gray, UV, anti glare are all additional of course. But it's still a lot less than many optical shops.
    Last edited by dbosman; 02-20-2011 at 10:59 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    I could not wear them either. To make matters worse, I simply refuse to wear contacts as it totally freaks me out to have anything touching my eye

I just use two different pairs, one for reading and one for everything else. Works well for me
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]