· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - korith   I`m glad your pleco has new BIG home! - Rue   A piece of cake to thank everybody that posted in my anniversary thread for their kind words. - gadget228   big, greasy burger for you - Lady Hobbs   and cake  LOL - Lady Hobbs   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Gisela   

0 Not allowed!
    I would go with frogs. There is a big variety to choose from.
    cats and fishtanks are like potatochips, you just can't have only one!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep! - Lab_Rat   500!!!!!!!! .`.`..`.> - korith   Congrats on 500 posts - DougStanley   Congrats on joining the 500 club.  You allready have a ram and a discus so I figured you needed an angelfish. - William   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skullduggery1
    a 55 is a might big for a frog,unless you have a pixie(african bullfrog)even pacman's do not need that size tank.Bearded dragons are popular for one reason and that is,they get nice sized and are easy to handle.Iguana's are a bad choice as these get to large and are aggressive when adults.Green Ameivias are cool little predators that are related to tegus,but without all of the associated problems.Go to Kingsnake.com and get some ideas.

Actualy a 55g is a realy good frog tank. Like fish the the bigger the tank you start with the easyer it will be.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I personally love White's green tree frog, they get so pudgy when they grow up and have an awsome personality. Dont know if you can get them in the US, you find them everywhere here in Aus, every LPS has one. also is it taller than it is long? or the other way around?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your first! - Algenco   You need some fish...hehe - Mith   Happy Holidays - Northernguy   for the awesome posts - mommy1   Thanks - KingFisher   

0 Not allowed!
    yea we have whites everywhere in the stores here. im actually weighing in heavily in on them. ive narrowed it down to three actually. a tokay gecko, a cuban knite anole, or whites tree frogs

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Glad you took the GT and JD back, you're much more likely to be successful now.  Good luck! - Lab_Rat   

0 Not allowed!
    i think you should do a corn snake. they are very calm and easy to maintain.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your first! - Algenco   You need some fish...hehe - Mith   Happy Holidays - Northernguy   for the awesome posts - mommy1   Thanks - KingFisher   

0 Not allowed!
    no snakes, GF hates snakes so by default i cant have them.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thought you needed a gift :) - arkie   for a fellow front lover - sailor   this is the biggest fish they have!! - The Red Severum   For making me smile with your Arow story. - Brookfish   Happy Holidays! - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    LOL! She is willing to let you have an Iguana or a Tokay, but no snakes? Have you guys ever been around either of these as adults? EVIL!

Are you guys looking for a display only animal or a pet that you can hold and interact with?
    -Jordan
    Gar connaisseur

Predatory Tank:
    20" Tropical Gar, 18" Florida Gar, 20" Longnose Gar,
    17" Ornate Bichir, 25" Silver Arowana, 16" Bowfin, 15" Giant Gourami

16" Male Dovii

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    actually i dont want an iguana, she does. i dont want a dog with scales that can whip me and potentially break bones.

i have been around tokays as adults and am aware of their attitude, which is very similiar to my passed ornate horned frog.

im planning on it being more of a display tank, but the project actually got put on hold as im adding another 75gal tank to my house for my GF's two blood parrots, and my BP gal betsy.

so its a way off but if you can think of any good animals that are more of display only please let me know!