· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Default Jenn's 5.5G Pico Reef

0 Not allowed!
    Thought I would make a thread for the build since I placed an order for the necessary supplies this evening

Lighting: Current Nova Extreme 2x18watt HOT5 10K & 420nm Actinic
    Filtration: AC 50 loaded with 6.5oz ChemiPure Elite, small media bag of Kent Reef Carbon and 1/2 of a Polyfilter pad
    Circulation: Rio Mini 50 Powerhead
    Substrate: Went with something a big different and got a 5lb bag of CaribSea Pacific Black sand, I will probably mix in a lb or two of plain aragonite and a lb or two of actual live sand.

Web pic of the sand if anyone cares:

I also moved the tank to my office today and have it full of saltwater with just the filter going. I used store bought RO water and will continue to do so since I dont want to be bothered with having to mess with running water throught the RODI and toting it to work when I can swing by the store and pick up a gallon or two for less than a dollar.

I expect to have sand and circulation going mid next week...I will probably order the Live rock around the first of March. Im probably just going to go with Live Rock USA or get some Premium Fiji from LiveAquaria.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Can't wait to see the Pico in action!
    Empty 125g sitting in my shed
    55g Freshwater Tropical Community
    29g Convict Fry Growout Tank
    10g Freshwater Planted Tropical Community
    5g Freshwater Planted Dirt
    2.5g Ghost shrimp tank

0 Not allowed!
    Very exciting! I have a 2.5 Gal pico myself, so i will be watching the build!
    -Jordan
    Gar connaisseur

Predatory Tank:
    20" Tropical Gar, 18" Florida Gar, 20" Longnose Gar,
    17" Ornate Bichir, 25" Silver Arowana, 16" Bowfin, 15" Giant Gourami

16" Male Dovii

0 Not allowed!
    Nice nice can't wait to see things get going!

Any plans for stocking?
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

Awards Showcase

Here ya go. - Tigerbarb A little something for a friend!! - Patriot Thanks for being there! - NickFish have a gift - mitcore :D - harls_aussie 
    I hope your dwarf gourami gets better!!! - Blue Ram A little something for my troubles - Tigerbarb Here you go mate! - Tolley My gift, lol - Tigerbarb Another one of my gifts lol - Tigerbarb 
    happy birthday - digger MORE!!! - Tigerbarb thanks! - The Red Severum you have no frog lol - angelcakes the closest thing to a moorish idol :) - Tigerbarb 
    here you go :) - OscarFan Have an oscar bud! - Soxfan For you my homie - xximanoobxx Happy Holidays - travie Merry Christmas - KingFisher 

0 Not allowed!
    Yay! I can't wait to see pics of the finished product
    "Everybody knows, you only live a day, but it's brilliant anyway..."
    Elliott smith

20g nano reef
    55g FOWLR saltwater
    29g planted freshwater
    10g planted freshwater

0 Not allowed!
    I may just go for the standard pico clown goby, its an inexpensive easy little fish that would be fine for the tank. The tank will be at my work so I wont be there with it every day, and during the summer 3-4days per week tops. I had considered Trimma cana as they grow to less than an inch but they require multiple feedings per day. I may just do inverts only but I would like a single small fish of some sort.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    It took quite some time to get this tank project off the ground, I wound up not liking the sand...so I went for plain aragonite. The Current fixture was also damaged in transit so I got a refund and decided to try an Odyssea fixture. It is just a 24watt PC so I will be limited to mushroom corals. However I have decided to make this tank look like a "fuge" it will have lots of macro and a few mushrooms. For stock I am leaning toward a yellow clown goby or maybe just a single fireshrimp. I have about 10lbs of figi rock and an AC50 going right now. May add a small pump down the line. The tank has been sat up and going with rock for about 3 months. Im ready to start stocking soon

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    Odyssea fixture's ballast shot its last wad...it is dead. Sucks because I really actually liked the fixture, oh well....Current T5 here we come

4x75Gs coming soon