· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Frontosa with Malawi Community

0 Not allowed!
    I have a community of Malawi cichlids
    Along with a Tanganyikan Juliodchromis dickfeldi
    The other Fish are, 3 Red Empress, 4 Rostratus, 2 Electric yellows and 1 Cobalt blue Zebra Cichlid
    Is it possible to keep a Frontosa in this setup or is it to risky or water conditions not right
    Thanks

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Will the Frontosa eventually eat the juliochromis?

0 Not allowed!
    What size tank?
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_511
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

Awards Showcase

Good luck with the community tank!  You WILL post pics when it's up and running!  Welcome to AC BTW - Mith for ur tank ! welcome to AC ! - Neon im not a good hug'er - rookie Grats on the fry! - Northernguy To go with your beer!  Thanks for the help! - dragoonwoman 
    Thanks for playing Mafia! - Agassizii Happy Holidays - Northernguy Hey!  I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!!! - Mith Welcome to AC. - Brookfish For your pancake bunny - Cliff 
    aww thanks LOL  (Mith welling up with tears) LOL - Mith For all your help and patience!!!!! - fish00053 That was the greatist thing ever - Pele A new cory for your 10 gallon - Cliff For the  help - Rue 
    Dude that's the funniest signature I've seen on this site. Have a beer. - harpua2002 A piece of cake to thank everybody that posted in my anniversary thread for their kind words. - gadget228 For getting too close to pleco's breeding rabbits. - gadget228 Awesome sig, make me chuckle :) - FinalJenemba Merry Xmas! Hope U have a good one! Thanks for all the DIY help! :) - Mrs.JayMay23 

0 Not allowed!
    Not a good idea IMO. If the frontosa doesn't get killed it will eventually grow big enough to eat the others.
    Who is "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard drive?

0 Not allowed!
    depending on the size of ur tank frontosa should do fine with those fish. if u have 4 rostratus u must have a lrg tank.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    the trouble with having a pair of juliochromis in a tank of malawis comes when you want to move rocks around to introduce new fish.juliochromis DO NOT like to have the rocks moved about and the larger of the two will more than likely kill the other when this is done.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    fronts like to be kept in groups also. They definitly will get big enough to eat most anything that can fit in they're mouth. I put 5 in my 125, with 4 goldheaded comps, 4 black calvus, two hybrid peacocks, and a royal pleco( the janitor). the fronts are quickly fling the tank. they grow FAST. Love my fronts though.

Awards Showcase

Great addition to AC - Lady Hobbs Perhaps a beer instead? - Lady Hobbs NICE TANK! - Lady Hobbs U know your awesome!!!!!! - jbeining75 Very nice rift tank! Very funny jokes! - NickFish 
    Refund lmao!!!!! - jbeining75 thanks for the support - jbeining75 Good luck with the JI!!!!!! - jbeining75 Right back at ya! - Hailey For help with my leopard geckos - jbeining75 
    to me - sailor Your second sets of stripes lol.... - jbeining75 to blow your nose lol..... - jbeining75 I won the lottery,thanks for the help couldn't have done it without you - kitten3326 Because I would buy you a beer if I could. - RainMan 
    For beating back the flu!!!!!!!!! - jbeining75 thanks for cheering me up xoxo - shalafi04 A Cricket and Strawberry slurpee just for you :) - shalafi04 gotta buy a beer for a sailor. LOL - ILuvMyGoldBarb knowledge + friendly = sailor! yar! - turkey151 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sailor Autism - sailor 

0 Not allowed!
    I would not mix them personally as most of those fish are too quick and could spook your front who could in turn panic and crash into decorations. Fronts need a big tank. Depending what you are feeding could make a difference. There are good quality foods IE Hikari and NLS which will be good for both your tangs and Malawi's. Fronts and Julis require more protein than your malawi's which are more vegetarian. Fronts do best in a species tank.
    Sailor

Aye Aye

Awards Showcase

This is the closest I could find to a vampire, LMAO - Cliff Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb 
    sorry about your angelfish - smaug Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R 
    I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    good info but if you have a look you'll see the thread is over a year old and OP has been banned.

0 Not allowed!
    BigJay......you can set your option so these old threads are not popping up for you. Also, click new posts when you enter the forum and these buried threads will not appear.