· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Albino Bristlenose behaviour

0 Not allowed!
    So I got a baby ABN on Sunday morning, and she's really cool so far. I'm curious though... I've never had a pleco at all before, so I'm not sure of their 'normal' behaviour.

So far she refuses to eat the veggies I put in, I've tried cucumber and a slice of potato. At the LFS her and her siblings polished off a huge chunk of sweet potato but I didn't have any, I will have to get some next time I get groceries. Any other suggestions? I sitll have cucumber, I have carrots, celery and potatoes. I think I have brocolli too.

Also, she seems to hide a lot, although right now she is whizzing around the tank along the glass at top speed, which is driving my cats insane. Is this normal? She seems happy enough, fins extended, and my water parameters are fine.

Should I be worried that she's not eating veggies so far?

Thanks in advance!

0 Not allowed!
    It took my plecos a few weeks of offering veggies before they realized it was in fact food. Give your new guy some more time and she will start eating veggies like the rest. Stick to the softer ones for now, like cucumber, which might help her get used to eating veggies.

As she has only been in your tank for about two days, I'm guess she is still getting used to her new home. Every time I've added a new pleco they would dart around like that form time to time.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I use unshelled boiled peas, make a paste, stick it to the glass. Zuchini I sometimes nuke it for 10 seconds wrapped in a damp pare towel. Romaine lettuce, nuked. Soft boiled sweet potato, paste and stick too.. Soft boiled carrot, paste it and stick it.

Paste it and stick it.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My BN really likes blanched zucchini and will eat it as often as I offer it. I don't know about nuking it...haven't prepared it that way. I always just slice it in half lengthwise, peel it, scoop out any seeds, and toss it in boiling water for just a few seconds. Let it cool and Yummy! It brings Skittles rushing out at any time of day or night.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Paste it and stick it...that's very funny Indian Woods Angels : )