· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Awards Showcase

Good luck with the community tank!  You WILL post pics when it's up and running!  Welcome to AC BTW - Mith for ur tank ! welcome to AC ! - Neon im not a good hug'er - rookie Grats on the fry! - Northernguy To go with your beer!  Thanks for the help! - dragoonwoman 
    Thanks for playing Mafia! - Agassizii Happy Holidays - Northernguy Hey!  I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!!! - Mith Welcome to AC. - Brookfish For your pancake bunny - Cliff 
    aww thanks LOL  (Mith welling up with tears) LOL - Mith For all your help and patience!!!!! - fish00053 That was the greatist thing ever - Pele A new cory for your 10 gallon - Cliff For the É help - Rue 
    Dude that's the funniest signature I've seen on this site. Have a beer. - harpua2002 A piece of cake to thank everybody that posted in my anniversary thread for their kind words. - gadget228 For getting too close to pleco's breeding rabbits. - gadget228 Awesome sig, make me chuckle :) - FinalJenemba Merry Xmas! Hope U have a good one! Thanks for all the DIY help! :) - Mrs.JayMay23 

Default i am a sucker for snails.

0 Not allowed!
    So, I was at a local reef shop, and they had a big tank full of empty snail shells for free. Having shellies, I readily took them up on the offer. Figured I could cure them like I did all the other shells.

I get home and notice one of them is happily crawling on the bag!

Luckily he filled the bag with water, since he was fairly sure I would get some copepods hitching a ride.

So, I have this bag floating in one of my tanks (freshwater tank), stuck to the side so it wont sink, with saltwater, a snail, and an airstone. No idea wth to do with the poor guy, and being a snail lover, I just can't kill him without giving him a chance.

Thinking about running to the store and getting a setup for one of my 2 gallons for him. Stupid idea? Should I just toss him in the freezer for an hour and get it over with? Feed him to my clown loaches? Try and acclimate to fresh even though that would probably be a very slow death (but it works for nerites right??!?)

I feel I am dangerously on the edge to taking up saltwater.
    Who is "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard drive?

0 Not allowed!
    Do you know anyone who could take him ?

If not, and you want to keep him, you get a pc of cured live rock (hopfully with some algae on it) and get up a small tank for him. A nano power head and a 2 to 3 lb pc of live rock should be OK for a few snails. A good FW light fixture would work assuming you only want snails. A lower K rating would help grow some algea for him to eat. You would have to keep a close eye on the parameters for the frist week or so.

I've actaully been thinking of setting up a small invert tank as well
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Why not take it back to the LFS?
    100g Reef

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So did you end up setting up anything???

Google is your friend. Use it!!!

Awards Showcase

Good luck with the community tank!  You WILL post pics when it's up and running!  Welcome to AC BTW - Mith for ur tank ! welcome to AC ! - Neon im not a good hug'er - rookie Grats on the fry! - Northernguy To go with your beer!  Thanks for the help! - dragoonwoman 
    Thanks for playing Mafia! - Agassizii Happy Holidays - Northernguy Hey!  I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!!! - Mith Welcome to AC. - Brookfish For your pancake bunny - Cliff 
    aww thanks LOL  (Mith welling up with tears) LOL - Mith For all your help and patience!!!!! - fish00053 That was the greatist thing ever - Pele A new cory for your 10 gallon - Cliff For the É help - Rue 
    Dude that's the funniest signature I've seen on this site. Have a beer. - harpua2002 A piece of cake to thank everybody that posted in my anniversary thread for their kind words. - gadget228 For getting too close to pleco's breeding rabbits. - gadget228 Awesome sig, make me chuckle :) - FinalJenemba Merry Xmas! Hope U have a good one! Thanks for all the DIY help! :) - Mrs.JayMay23 

0 Not allowed!
    He hopped the bag into the tank, where I found him dead. I could have taken him to the store, but an hour drive for a snail was more than I was willing to undertake.
    Who is "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard drive?

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah I can see that. Oh well... LOL!!!

Google is your friend. Use it!!!