· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need gifts - Lady Hobbs   And another - Lady Hobbs   What he had up his --- - Chrona   No, serioulsy. EVERYONE KICK HIM! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gm72   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gm72   

0 Not allowed!
    You know, I hate you people who take incredibly nice pictures. My pictures mostly suck and that's why you don't see many from me.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Cheers - Cliff   Merry Christmas! - Plecos   Happy Holidays. - gadget228   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue   Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue   

0 Not allowed!
    Not bad at all!

Betsy is adorable!
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 3 Fancies, 2 Comets
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep! - Lab_Rat   500!!!!!!!! .`.`..`.> - korith   Congrats on 500 posts - DougStanley   Congrats on joining the 500 club.  You allready have a ram and a discus so I figured you needed an angelfish. - William   

0 Not allowed!
    Good pictures. You should try ajusting the high light tempiture and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by flydustydawg
    I think the d7000 is the camera my mom has. It takes really nice pics if you can figure out how to use it lol. I need a nicer camera so I can get some quality pics of my fish.

Great pics though!
    It's not the d7000 it's the d5000 but they are both pretty similer and they take the same quailty pictures.

If you get a new camera you should get a entery level DSLR.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your first! - Algenco   You need some fish...hehe - Mith   Happy Holidays - Northernguy   for the awesome posts - mommy1   Thanks - KingFisher   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkarter
    Good pictures. You should try ajusting the high light tempiture and etc.

It's not the d7000 it's the d5000 but they are both pretty similer and they take the same quailty pictures.

If you get a new camera you should get a entery level DSLR.
    the d7000 is far superior to the d5000. the d5000 takes the same quality picture as my d40. the d7000 takes higher quality pictures than the d300s, and about the same quality as the canon 7d.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep! - Lab_Rat   500!!!!!!!! .`.`..`.> - korith   Congrats on 500 posts - DougStanley   Congrats on joining the 500 club.  You allready have a ram and a discus so I figured you needed an angelfish. - William   

0 Not allowed!
    Where did you hear that?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thx for the rep - Cliff   thanks for the rep! - Lab_Rat   Thx again bud - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkarter
    Oh ok lol I dont know much about cameras
    Empty 10g
    20g figure 8 puffer
    65g FW Community
    125g African Cichlid community

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your first! - Algenco   You need some fish...hehe - Mith   Happy Holidays - Northernguy   for the awesome posts - mommy1   Thanks - KingFisher   

0 Not allowed!
    you can tell by reading the specs, but ive been in camera sales for quite a long time and have a lot of experience with the new d5000 and the new d7000 and there is really no contest in picture quality between the two. the d5000 and d3100 have pretty much the same picture quality with a few minor differences but the d7000 has better quality hands down!
    comparing the d7000 to the 7d was a little tougher as the quality is pretty close but canon saturates reds better and nikon saturates blues better. 7d also seems to have a "softer" picture than the d7000

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KatzeSlaugen
    you can tell by reading the specs, but ive been in camera sales for quite a long time and have a lot of experience with the new d5000 and the new d7000 and there is really no contest in picture quality between the two. the d5000 and d3100 have pretty much the same picture quality with a few minor differences but the d7000 has better quality hands down!
    comparing the d7000 to the 7d was a little tougher as the quality is pretty close but canon saturates reds better and nikon saturates blues better. 7d also seems to have a "softer" picture than the d7000
    The d7000 an 7d are way better out of the box but once you buy speed lighting and that tipe of stuff all 3 cameras close. After that it all come down to if you can edit your picture to get the best colors. I know alot people think you shouldn't do any editing but even pro photographers edit there picture to get the best color.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    im just comparing bodies. if you shot the d7000 and the d5000 with the same exact lenses, flashes, any accessories the d7000 will take higher quality pictures. d7000 uses phase detection AF, d5000 uses contrast detection. large resolution on the d7000 is roughly 5000 x 3200, on the d5000 the large resolution is roughy 4100 x 2800. d7000 also uses a quick return mirror giving faster fps. the d7000 uses a shutter step of 1/2 and 1/3 while the d5000 ( IIRC) only uses 1/3 steps. d7000's meter is a TTL with 2000 pixels in the RGB sensor, better auto white balance technology, can be shot in freezing temperature, and in light to medium rain safely.

im not trying to argue but the d7000 can blow the d5000 out of the water if you compare the two hit for hit, and especially higher noise situations. at the same time photography isnt about the equipment your using, its how you use the equipment you have to take the photos.

edit: by comparison nikons old series went d90>d40=d60=d60x>d40x
    nikons new series goes d7000>d5000=d3100>d3000
    Last edited by KatzeSlaugen; 02-07-2011 at 04:28 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KatzeSlaugen
    im just comparing bodies. if you shot the d7000 and the d5000 with the same exact lenses, flashes, any accessories the d7000 will take higher quality pictures. d7000 uses phase detection AF, d5000 uses contrast detection. large resolution on the d7000 is roughly 5000 x 3200, on the d5000 the large resolution is roughy 4100 x 2800. d7000 also uses a quick return mirror giving faster fps. the d7000 uses a shutter step of 1/2 and 1/3 while the d5000 ( IIRC) only uses 1/3 steps. d7000's meter is a TTL with 2000 pixels in the RGB sensor, better auto white balance technology, can be shot in freezing temperature, and in light to medium rain safely..

im not trying to argue but the d7000 can blow the d5000 out of the water. at the same time photography isnt about the equipment your using, its how you use the equipment you have to take the photos.
    I couldn't agree more with that if you don't know what your doing then it dosn't realy matter.

When it come's to cameras i think it all come down to personal prefrence what work for one person doesn't alway work the the othere person. Im used to the d5000 more so i can take a better picture with it then i can with the d7000.