· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Angelfish Question

0 Not allowed!
    Im thinking about getting a pair of Angelfish to go in a 45 hex tank. I read that they like warmer waters. about 78-80 degrees, and I would like them to be in there with 4 emerald corys. Ive never ventured into Angelfish keeping, but I am begining to get interested in the different Cichlids...
    I keep reading that they dont like a bunch of current in the water. So if I have a HOB and a airstone going to circulate the water, will that be too much for them?

Google is your friend. Use it!!!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It depends on the filter and where everything is. As long as there is surface agitation, but just enough you should be fine. If there's no surface agitation there is this film that builds up on the surface of the water. As long as
    - surface agitation
    -just enough to disturb the surface

You should be fine. I noticed when I upgraded my filter when running the other one with it, the angelfish did not like it AT ALL.

Wow I just read this and it's so repetitive.

Good Luck!
    120 gallon29 gallon
    5.5 and 2.5 gallon
    The harley man......no not the motorcycle, harlequin rasboras
    Angie R.I.P. 10/29/11

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My 2 angels are in my 29g with an HOB filter and an underground filter and they love it. They've never been aggressive towards one another except when they were first getting acquainted. I would say they would be fine.
    Empty 125g sitting in my shed
    55g Freshwater Tropical Community
    29g Convict Fry Growout Tank
    10g Freshwater Planted Tropical Community
    5g Freshwater Planted Dirt
    2.5g Ghost shrimp tank

Awards Showcase

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish welcome - Algenco Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins 
    You need one of these too. - Celtic Fins everyones given you one but me! - mommy1 Thanks for Playing Mafia - The Red Severum Congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins congrats on your award! - Brookfish 
    Congrats on your pic award - Celtic Fins Sorry about Blackie and the others mate! - fraggle the algae was meant to be tissues! - fraggle sorry about your fishies - lucyinthesky Ta for the rep! - Wetpets 
    BEST MAFIA PLAYER MAFIA 3.14 - Kaz Christmas in July!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Gayle Congrats on  POTM - Celtic Fins Congrats! - Wild Turkey Congrats on POTM! - Brookfish 
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k 

0 Not allowed!
    I think it will be a nice setup. Get six small ones and keep the two that get along.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    plus 1 to Rich.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thats great guys! Thank you as always :D

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have an angelfish and 8 emerald green corys in the same tank with an AC70 HOB. Temp is kept at 78, and the angel actually hangs out near the filter most of the time. But then again he might be there because that's where I keep my baby guppies. Either way he tolerates it just fine, and it could just as easily go to the opposite corner where there's no surface agitation.

And Cassie, you know there's an angelfish sub-forum, right? lol. I posted a pic of my angel in my thread there. Go look - he's pretty!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ill have to take a peek!!!!! :D No I didnt even think to look and I couldnt figure out if it was south american, central american or what so I took a guess LMAO!

9. Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CassieLEO
    Im thinking about getting a pair of Angelfish to go in a 45 hex tank. I read that they like warmer waters. about 78-80 degrees, and I would like them to be in there with 4 emerald corys. Ive never ventured into Angelfish keeping, but I am begining to get interested in the different Cichlids...
    I keep reading that they dont like a bunch of current in the water. So if I have a HOB and a airstone going to circulate the water, will that be too much for them?
    Hi Cassie,
    45 hex tank?

"Minimum tank size-90cm/ 36".

As they are greedy,They can over eat, so don't over feed.

Temp-24-28 degrees C/75-82 degrees F.

Minmum number in Aquarium 3-4.

Planted aquarium with Amazon swordplant & thickets of vallisneria.

Open water to centre of tank.

They may dominate other species in the aquarium,but do not cause cause any bodily harm"

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe47
    Hi Cassie,
    45 hex tank?

"Minimum tank size-90cm/ 36".

As they are greedy,They can over eat, so don't over feed.

Temp-24-28 degrees C/75-82 degrees F.

Minmum number in Aquarium 3-4.

Planted aquarium with Amazon swordplant & thickets of vallisneria.

Open water to centre of tank.

They may dominate other species in the aquarium,but do not cause cause any bodily harm"
    definitely have to disagree with the ones i bolded. i have seen angels kill other fish. it was while they were spawning, but they can be agressive even when not spawning.

3-4 is not the minimum number. one would be the minimum number in an aquarium.