· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 53 of 229 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I had a cat that climbed onto the roof when it came time to take her to the vet. I filled a bowl with her favorite food and placed it on the sidewalk below her. She jumped right down and began eating. I then grabbed her and put her in the pet carrier. She wasn't at all happy about being outsmarted. And it only worked once. They catch on really quickly. LOL!

-- mermaid
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Thankfully I am smarter (and faster) than the cats...I managed to stuff them into the carriers before then got under the bed or onto the roof...

But yeah...first they don't want to go in...then at the vet's...they don't want to come out...THEN after their shots, they can't wait to get back in...

I made two trips...the cats went first...the dogs second. I was worried about Celeste being 'grumbly'...and sadly, she was. Not bad, not unmanageable...but still...

Ah well...she should be good for 2 years now...so I can relax a bit...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

am sure I deserve a few of these... lol - Cyberra Thanks for sharing your X-stitch fish pillow project! - Aminax for being prone to computer problems - Cyberra happy birthday to me... August 29th - Cyberra earned ANOTHER one... siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh - Cyberra 
    I dub thee official greeter to the forum! - korith Happy Belated One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue You need another betta! - Pleco380 it birtha the birthday betta XD - genocidex A birthday betta for you. - mermaidwannabe 
    You need a popsicle after wheelbarrow races! haha - escamosa Where there's plows, there's piggies! :) - escamosa You need some grapes, 'cause they were mentioned in the riddle! haha - escamosa to congratulate you on 2 years! - andreahp Here's one Christmas present! - Rue 
    I'm sorry I couldn't ship you one!! Forgive me! - bethyMT ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith this might help numb your lips lol - Gogi For being awesome and bringing me here. :) - Flyby Stardancer We need to get you up so you have as many bettas as you do in RL. ;) - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    When Casper was still alive, we had to give her sugar pills twice a day to help her with the diabetes. We hid them in bits of food... She caught on very quickly and would spit them out. You should've seen the smug looks she gave us...

Spent the morning at The Webbeach Sales and Computer Repair getting the DVD drive hooked back up and trying to puzzle out what the heck's going on with YouTube. Turned out to be an IE thing that was only happening to me, and now I have Firefox for watching stuff on YouTube. Got home just after lunchtime, slept from 1pm-4:30pm, did water changes for Searchlight and Sundance, then finally got something to eat, watched a couple taped eps of AFV, and then came upstairs to boot up the computer.

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of the act

Awards Showcase

am sure I deserve a few of these... lol - Cyberra Thanks for sharing your X-stitch fish pillow project! - Aminax for being prone to computer problems - Cyberra happy birthday to me... August 29th - Cyberra earned ANOTHER one... siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh - Cyberra 
    I dub thee official greeter to the forum! - korith Happy Belated One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue You need another betta! - Pleco380 it birtha the birthday betta XD - genocidex A birthday betta for you. - mermaidwannabe 
    You need a popsicle after wheelbarrow races! haha - escamosa Where there's plows, there's piggies! :) - escamosa You need some grapes, 'cause they were mentioned in the riddle! haha - escamosa to congratulate you on 2 years! - andreahp Here's one Christmas present! - Rue 
    I'm sorry I couldn't ship you one!! Forgive me! - bethyMT ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith this might help numb your lips lol - Gogi For being awesome and bringing me here. :) - Flyby Stardancer We need to get you up so you have as many bettas as you do in RL. ;) - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    Random question... Does anybody else get the "surely you intend to share that" look from nearby fish when eating next to a fish tank? I'm eating beef-fried rice and getting that look from three different directions

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of the act

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    ...not from the fish...but the dogs and the parrots are equally bad at demanding food-share...

I'm marking exams. I like marking exams, but can't get into it yet...so I'm behind...

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Did water changes for Shimmer and the females, then ripped music off a CD I've had for years (trying to rebuild my lost music collection). Watched "The Final Destination", "Sanctum", and "Unstoppable". Rediscovered my two Shel Silverstein poem collections: "A Light in the Attic" and "Where the Sidewalk Ends".

Now I just need a copy of "Falling Up".

Default My New Tank Is Here ...

0 Not allowed!
    Just got back from Lewiston about a half hour ago. My new tank is in the tailgate of my Jeep, covered with a couple of blankets. Tomorrow, we unload it into the shop. BIL hasn't quite finished working on my stand. I should have that back sometime next week.

The tank is very heavy, and hubby will be enlisting the help of a strong neighbor to get it inside. Just hope they don't bang it or drop it! There's no way I can lift it, myself.

Which means it will sit on the floor for the leak test.

Tried to get a python today, but the LFS was sold out.

-- mermaid
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

0 Not allowed!
    New 65-gallon is now in the shop. I have filled it with water to test it for leaks. Thus far, it is passing the no-leak test with flying colors. I'll leave it overnight, and if no leaks have sprung by tomorrow, I will drain it and dry it.

Hubby had me anxious! Brat! He had told me it was very heavy to unload and one of our strong neighbors would have to help us. I was envisioning all kinds of heart-stopping occurrences. But when he backed my jeep into the shop, he was able to unload the empty tank entirely himself, with no problem whatsoever! He was able to gently place it onto the floor where it now rests. Being in the business he is in, he is accustomed to carrying heavy TV sets and other electronic equipment, and has built up his pects and arms over the years. He is massive in those areas. So, little wonder he could lift my tank with relative ease. But he sure had me going, for awhile!

Just fed some algae pellets to my fishies in the 20-gallon. They were softened up in water, and portions of the were powdery, so even the tiny fish could have some.

Now, I just need to find a python, somewhere. I don't need one with a 25-foot-hose -- I won't be that far from a sink. Maybe a 12 or 15-footer at the longest. Do they sell them with hoses that short?

Anyway, glad that's done. Now, it's wait and see...

More later ...

-- mermaid

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Did some housework, got a few groceries...picked up our 'race' packages for tomorrows Zoo Fun Run (if it's this cold and snowing, we can take the 'fun' part out of it)...going to a wine and cheese tonight...so now I'm vegging for a bit...

0 Not allowed!
    The 65 sat overnight without leaking, so it's safe to say it passed the no-leak test. I now have it about three-fourths drained and am taking a break before draining the rest of the water out. Always wiping down the glass as I go along, as mineral deposits will form if droplets are allowed to dry.

The owner of the LFS I got it from said that my tank and all the others included in that same shipment are triple-sealed. It's an Aqueon tank, and theirs tend to be good tanks, anyway. With triple-sealing, it would be extremely rare for one to leak.

He did have several 45s that were only double-sealed, and some of them did leak. Didn't say if those were Aqueons, too.

So that's my project for today -- finish draining and drying the new 65. The stand isn't back, yet, so can't set it up. Once it's dry, I'll cover it with a blanket until I'm ready to get it up and going.

-- mermaid

Page 53 of 229 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast