· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 45 of 230 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Visiting with family and dealing with the nagging.

0 Not allowed!
    Had an issue with diatoms growing on the glass, so I scrubbed those off, changed the water and vacuumed the gravel. Fish are all set for awhile. Rescaped with more cave pieces for the dojos. Of course, they got their little O-Nip treats. Spoiled brats!

One of the Rosy Barbs hit the bottom of the syphon hose with such force it split the poor fish open. Naturally, it couldn't survive, so I netted it out and now it's helping fertilize our soil outside. I try to be careful, but when they just dart under the hose like that and I don't see them in time ...

Had a tiny yellow Glo-fish go right up the siphon tubing into the bucket awhile back. Not fazed in the least, it swam around the bucket until I netted it out and put it right back into the tank. It's just fine at this very moment.

I'm thinking of getting some more floating Riccia for my 20-gallon-high, and when I finally get my 65-gallon set-up going, I'm going to want lots of floating Riccia in that, too. Neither of my LFS sells it, and neither of them even knows what it is. I got my first batch through the mail from someone on the Planted Tank Forum.

Had a little lunch and will be going up to the garden beds shortly. It snowed again last night, so the flowerbeds were white this morning.

A new hotdog place just opened up along the main highway close to where I live. My hairdresser and a Christmas tree farm are next door to it. News through the grapevine is that their hotdogs are really, really good. I'll have to go over there and try them out, since they are less than five minutes from my house. I hope they sell chocolate milkshakes!

Not much else, right now ....

-- mermaidwannabe
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

0 Not allowed!
    It's been chilly all day, so I didn't go up to the garden. The snow has melted off of it, but it's still too cold. Not nice at all, for being Spring!

Did feed Rootbeer his medicated food and freshened his water. Also freshened the other cats' water in the cat shed. They have a large communal feeder, so their food lasts a long time.

-- mermaid
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

4. Angry crap day

0 Not allowed!
    Took my 16 yr old son in to get the results from his mri so now he's scheduled for knee surgery on Friday morning . He was told that he has what's called a bucket tear in the cartilage . It's a 3 month recovery with no weight bearing for ateast the first 4 weeks after the knife. Sooo tired of the whining already lol but isn't that what teenagers are best at anyway haha.

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    They are very good at whining!

I took my 15-year old in for a repeat 'wart-removal' visit. Stupid, stubborn, ugly, inconvenient wart on his thumb. We've been trying various treatments for 2 years now.

THIS time we're cauterizing it. Every week until it's finally gone...I'm so tired of his sticking his thumb in my face and whining about how I'm not looking after it (he's not 2 anymore...I'll drive...he can look after the rest of it).

So I lost another morning of work (and hubby wonders why I don't work full-time...who has time?)...now I'm back at it. Worked through lunch (er, other than chatting here - which is part of my 'brain relief' strategy ).

We did utilize the time waiting for the doctor and bought my daughter her birthday present...she wanted a new watch (for running - with a stopwatch/timer function)...and had a pleasant breakfast at a coffee shop. So that was fun.

After work I'm taking my 'good' violin to a new (reputable) luthier for a tune-up. A good luthier is rarer than hen's teeth. Took me 2 years to finally get a hold of this guy (tried phoning - no answer, no machine. When he had a machine I left messages, lol, no e-mail response either...). Hopefully it's just a minor issue.

Then I'm vegging tonight! 'What Not to Wear' Tuesday!
    Last edited by Rue; 03-29-2011 at 07:08 PM.
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

am sure I deserve a few of these... lol - Cyberra Thanks for sharing your X-stitch fish pillow project! - Aminax for being prone to computer problems - Cyberra happy birthday to me... August 29th - Cyberra earned ANOTHER one... siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh - Cyberra 
    I dub thee official greeter to the forum! - korith Happy Belated One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue You need another betta! - Pleco380 it birtha the birthday betta XD - genocidex A birthday betta for you. - mermaidwannabe 
    You need a popsicle after wheelbarrow races! haha - escamosa Where there's plows, there's piggies! :) - escamosa You need some grapes, 'cause they were mentioned in the riddle! haha - escamosa to congratulate you on 2 years! - andreahp Here's one Christmas present! - Rue 
    I'm sorry I couldn't ship you one!! Forgive me! - bethyMT ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith this might help numb your lips lol - Gogi For being awesome and bringing me here. :) - Flyby Stardancer We need to get you up so you have as many bettas as you do in RL. ;) - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    Whoever invented the trojan horse computer virus should be fed to the piranha ><

Was looking up a Japanese horror movie from 2004, titled "Cursed" (no relation to the American werewolf movie of the same title; it's about a haunted convenience store) and started getting malware warnings. My computer was in the shop all yesterday and all morning today to get the virus and whatever else out of the system. Over 130 threats removed.

GOLDFISH NEEDLEPOINT COMPLETE!!!. Pictures have been posted ^^

Much as I hate being computer-less, I still made decent use of my time... I have a portable DVD player (from the days when I still had competition for the living room TV), and my Opal was fully charged. Also went down to Empire Theaters Studio 10 to catch Lord of the Dance in 3D. Spent the rest of my night picking apart Aida cloth, listening to music, playing WALL-E on my DS, and teasing Mr Crankyfins (Shimmer the betta)

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of the act

Awards Showcase

hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    So... yesterday..... It started with a 5AM wake up call from the bf's boss. Some thing didn't do what it was supposed to do and so he needed to be up to fix it.

I did a little light cleaning and then did the grocery shopping by myself for the first time in over a year. Normally he likes to go with me, but our shopping style is very different from each other... I like to have my list but still go up and down the aisles. He likes to run around getting just what's on the list and seeing how quickly you can get out of there. When we got to the checkout... new bagger.... who upon learning that hand knit bags will stretch and hold quite a bit..... proceeds to pack with the intent of discovering what the maximum capacity for my smallest size bag was. So I end up leaving with a crammed full small bag and a nearly empty large bag.

We went out for dinner with some friends we picked up from work and drove. The food was good but not of the caliber where you simply MUST go there when you have company type. And after we drove everyone home... we stopped on the way back at the fish store.

I got 3 plants and more kuhlis to grow my school, which went into a bare bottom (with large rocks for hiding places) QT. They are so cute! and so small!

Made some Apple Jack cookies with fresh apple and nutmeg.

Since the bf decided he would monitor the situation that meant staying up until 1AM... so we watched Cleopatra in tribute to Liz Taylor.

Finally crawl into bed and life is good.... until that dang neighbor starts up the wood chipper and chainsaw this morning at 8AM.... so much for sleeping in.

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Nothing much today. Work work and then dance class tonight.
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Northernguy A recruit for your piggy army - MuckyFish Piggy Sentry for your Piggy Army hopefully they help you not lose brakes. - MuckyFish beer for the birthday boy - Lady Hobbs For its medicinal properties, cheers and get well soon - Cliff 
    thank you - Indian Woods Angels Hammy Holidays to you! - Trillianne Have a great christmas gadget - Cliff Have a Christmas coral - Aeonflame Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    For the birthday thread. Thanks. - Strider199 Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year! - Rue Here comes the holiday swine, who hopes your holidays were divine! - Trillianne 
    Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thank you! Second round is on me : ) - mommy1 Thanks for spicing up the ban game! - pRED 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - gadget228 Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - gadget228 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gadget228 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - gadget228 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus -  Animal Cruelty - gadget228 
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - gadget228 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - gadget228 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    Not a thing, wasn't feeling good today so just sit on my butt and watched tv all day...
    You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.

Awards Showcase

am sure I deserve a few of these... lol - Cyberra Thanks for sharing your X-stitch fish pillow project! - Aminax for being prone to computer problems - Cyberra happy birthday to me... August 29th - Cyberra earned ANOTHER one... siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh - Cyberra 
    I dub thee official greeter to the forum! - korith Happy Belated One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue You need another betta! - Pleco380 it birtha the birthday betta XD - genocidex A birthday betta for you. - mermaidwannabe 
    You need a popsicle after wheelbarrow races! haha - escamosa Where there's plows, there's piggies! :) - escamosa You need some grapes, 'cause they were mentioned in the riddle! haha - escamosa to congratulate you on 2 years! - andreahp Here's one Christmas present! - Rue 
    I'm sorry I couldn't ship you one!! Forgive me! - bethyMT ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith this might help numb your lips lol - Gogi For being awesome and bringing me here. :) - Flyby Stardancer We need to get you up so you have as many bettas as you do in RL. ;) - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    Fishie!

Not a heck of a lot done today... Slept in half the day, but got out of bed in time for my afternoon class. Stopped by Dollarama on my way home, then headed home and have been doing as little as possible since

I did get a wooden sign-thing from Dollarama, one I could paint myself. It now reads "Beware of Betta", since Shimmer threatens everyone who enters my room.
    Last edited by Cyberra; 03-31-2011 at 12:47 AM.

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of the act

Page 45 of 230 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast